After months of anticipation, both the Samsung Galaxy S6 and HTC One M9 have finally been unveiled. Now that we have all seen both of the devices in all their glory, many of us have some decisions to make. Which of the two beasts do you prefer: the Galaxy S6 or the One M9? Let us know which device you plan on buying and why!
Control Freak – The OC/UV App For Gingerbread
If you’ve been following the work of XDA forum member xan‘s Voltage Control app, you might be interested to read about XDA member shane87‘s re-write of it, designed to work with Gingerbread based kernels.
Please note that the app is still in development and issues are currently being worked on.
Features of Control Freak include:
- Designed for use with JVB/JVH/JVO based Gingerbread kernels
- Specifically designed around features present in existz’s Talon kernel
- Allows enable/disable specific states
- Allows undervoltage control on a state-by-state basis
- Allows limiting clock to a specific speed
- Allows changing of governors
- Allows control of CPU threshold settings
- States enabled info is found by opening each UV control
- Logs all major start up values as they are polled from the sysfs
For much more detailed information and to download Control Freak beta, head on over to the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Samsung's Unpacked Event has now come and gone through Mobile World Congress 2015, and we've got a good look at what could be the most advanced phone of the year thus far. The event started shortly after its scheduled time at 12:30PM today and the only devices shown were the Galaxy S6 and its Edge variant, both of which pack an impressive amount of features, spectacular internals and an all-new beautiful design. The show began with a quiet voice whispering to...
Each year, smartphone makers attempt to one-up each other in features and specs, but time and again these improvements feel incremental rather than revolutionary. Samsung hopes to break this trend with a new hardware and software design philosophy, and press details of the new-and-improved cameras shared by the S6 and S6 Edge show that they are off to a great start. Once you get past the curved displays and wraparound Gorilla Glass 4, the most striking feature on these slabs is the...