Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...
Control Freak – The OC/UV App For Gingerbread
If you’ve been following the work of XDA forum member xan‘s Voltage Control app, you might be interested to read about XDA member shane87‘s re-write of it, designed to work with Gingerbread based kernels.
Please note that the app is still in development and issues are currently being worked on.
Features of Control Freak include:
- Designed for use with JVB/JVH/JVO based Gingerbread kernels
- Specifically designed around features present in existz’s Talon kernel
- Allows enable/disable specific states
- Allows undervoltage control on a state-by-state basis
- Allows limiting clock to a specific speed
- Allows changing of governors
- Allows control of CPU threshold settings
- States enabled info is found by opening each UV control
- Logs all major start up values as they are polled from the sysfs
For much more detailed information and to download Control Freak beta, head on over to the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
SlimRoms' website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but it's good to know the team is working hard and is still on top of things. The SlimRoms GitHub repos are getting updated with some major changes showing up. Most notably, some projects are getting a new 5.1 branch: lp5.1! A new, revamped and open source website is also in the works, with a look inspired by material design. We also got a tip about an...
Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature in their flagships. There are already dozens of wireless chargers to choose from on the market today, but quality definitely varies. For those of you who charge your devices wirelessly, let us know which charger is your favorite and why.