This wonderful Geek-Christmas time of the year is back once more, promising a lot of exciting reveals from big manufacturers such as HTC and Samsung, but also some pretty gems teased by other smaller OEMs. What kind of exciting products will we see? While we've got a lot of leaked information from the highly expected S6 and M9, there is still a lot to learn about both - and about everything else that will be shown. What kind of trends will...
Control Your Lights with Your Android Phone – XDA Developer TV
XDA Developer TV Producer Kevin, a.k.a. The Tech Ninja, is a bit of an phone automation expert. You can check out his Tasker Series to see all the great things he’s automated with Tasker and other automation apps. He’s done everything from basics such as turning off WiFi at work to controlling his Android device by voice. But that is not all he can do!
In today’s video, Kevin shows you how to turn on and off your lights with Tasker Automation and IFTTT. With the help of a WEMO device, Kevin shows you how to set up IFTT rules and Tasker task automation to have your lights turn on when you get home. Check this video out.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos and Kevin’s other videos.
- How to Root the Oppo Find 5 and Install a Custom Recovery – XDA Developer TV
- Android Basics 101: Understanding Kernels – XDA Developer TV
- Nexus 7: Old versus New – XDA Developer TV
- How to Root the New Nexus 7 (2013) – XDA Developer TV
- Connect to WiFi Instantly with InstaWiFi – XDA Developer TV
- Basics of Tasker: Automate Your Phone Tasks – XDA Developer TV
- Intermediate Use of Tasker: Location Based Triggers – XDA Developer TV
- Advanced Use of Tasker: Make Your Phone Work for You – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: Llama Location Profiles to Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV
- Remote Support Tutorial: Fix Computer Problems without Leaving Your Chair – XDA Developer TV
- Dashclock Tutorial: Add Everything to Your Android Lock Screen – XDA Developer TV
- One Man’s Journey to Carrier Contract Freedom – XDA Developer TV
- Spring Clean Your Android Device for a Lemony Fresh Scent – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: Intermediate Llama Location Trigger Phone Activities – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: AutomateIt, Automates Your Device Tasks – XDA Developer TV
- Play Your Videos on Your Television with DLNA – XDA Developer TV
- Use Your Keyboard and Mouse on Android with USB On-The-Go – XDA Developer TV
- Voice Control Your Phone with Tasker and AutoVoice – XDA Developer TV
- Floating Notifications and Multitasking with Open Sourced HALO – XDA Developer TV
- Automatically Backup Your Android with OBackup – XDA Developer TV
- All-In-One Android Toolkit with Advanced Mobile Care – XDA Developer TV
- Use NFC Tags to Trigger Events with NFC Launcher – XDA Developer TV
- Quick Settings for All – XDA Developer TV
- Protect Your Privacy with XPrivacy – XDA Developer TV
Check out Kevin’s YouTube Channel
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Last week, I wrote about the best apps to unleash the raw photographic power of your Lollipop smartphone. All four of those cameras generate lossless DNG images with pounds of potential for apps like Photoshop to unlock, but what if you’re looking to edit or view those pics on the go? QuickPic, Google Photos, and the other mainstays treat raw images like they don't exist. This rundown seeks to fill the void and give you full control over your precious pictures....
While the majority of the top apps have already incorporated Google's newest design language, there are still very many apps that are in need of some Material Design love. Which apps do you think are most desperately in need of an update?