With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see lots of bashing on Apple's iPhone here. There are different reasons for the hate, but we'd like to hear your number one reason for not going with the iPhone. Let us know your thoughts below!
Creating an Android App 101: Pitfalls – XDA Developer TV
Most people who surf on the XDA wave or watch months XDA Developer TV Producer Jayce’s videos on app development have either begun making an app or have had serious thoughts about it. However, as we all know the App landscape is riddled with landmines, waiting patiently like a high school bully wanting to steal your lunch money and crush your dreams.
In today’s video, Jayce talks about some of the pitfalls involved in creating an Android app. Drawing from his vast library of resources and interviews, Jayce gives some examples of what to do and what to avoid. Check out this video to see what he has to say.
- Test – Elusive Stars. Testing before you put it in the Google Play Store.
- Find and Use a Good Error Handling System
- Recommendation: How to Prototype Web and Mobile Apps
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos.
- Don’t Call Yourself a Programmer! – XDA Developer TV
- Confessions of Newly Hired Developers – XDA Developer TV
- Practices of Practical Developers – XDA Developer TV
- Developer Salary News… Good News! – XDA Developer TV
- The Future of Android Development – XDA Developer TV
- Are You Smart Enough to be a Developer? – XDA Developer TV
- New Hacker School for Android!! – XDA Developer TV
- Too Old to Become a Developer? – XDA Developer TV
- Why New Developers Fail – XDA Developer TV
- Why Programmers Get No Respect – XDA Developer TV
- How a College Drop Out Becomes a CTO – XDA Developer TV
- Be More than “Ramen Profitable” and Make Money as an App Developer – XDA Developer TV
- Ladies Learning Code – XDA Developer TV
- How a Rookie Wins a Hackathon – XDA Developer TV
- Social Media for Software Developers – XDA Developer TV
- Hire Me Gary Vaynerchuk – XDA Developer TV
- Job Interview Prep: Toughest Job Interview Questions Part 4 – XDA Developer TV
- Job Interview Prep: Salary Negotiations Part 3 – XDA Developer TV
- Job Interview Prep: Main Interview Part 2 – XDA Developer TV
- Job Interview Prep: Phone Screen Part 1 – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: What Hiring Managers Won’t Tell You – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Recruiter Reveals How Resumes are Chosen – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Is Software Development Your Calling? – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: App Testing – Prove It, Then Sell It – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: The Curse of Knowledge – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Code Katas for Beginning Android Development – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Become a Mono for Android Ninja – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Xposed Framework for Android – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Getting Accepted to a Hacker School – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Rate My Hacker School – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: How to Become a Hacker – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Are You a Good Programmer or Great Programmer? – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: How to Design an Android App – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Resumes Don’t Work on the Internet – XDA Developer TV
Check out Jayce’s HowToBecomeTV YouTube Channel
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when it comes to the General Public License that makes the core of Android open to us. The terms of the GPLv2 state that since the Android kernel is based on the Linux kernel, which is licensed under GPL,v2 Android has to be open-source for everyone to study or modify, and those that modify the Android kernel have to make their sources immediately available for...
Xiaomi was founded on April 6th, 2010 and its fifth anniversary is just around the corner. In the past five years, the company has grown by leaps and bounds, rising to the positions of largest smartphone OEM in China and third-largest globally and coupled with its expansion plans and 100 million sales benchmark, this anniversary warranted a fervent celebration. After teasing products on its forums for a few days, Xiaomi held the anniversary event earlier today and staying true to the...