The HTC One M9 and the Samsung Galaxy S6 were unveiled at Mobile World Congress! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this weekend. Included in this weekend's news is the announcement of the Huawei Watch Android Wear device and be sure to check out the article talking about IKEA selling Qi enabled furniture. That's not all that's covered in today's video! Be sure to check out the other videos...
CrimsonLock: Anti-thief System Updated
If you have ever lost or have been robbed of your device, you will agree that is something horrible. On top of the economic loss, the information stored on our devices, even if it´s synced with our computers, is something we don´t want to leave it for who ever finds/steals our device.
XDA Member TrashKalmar has updated this great tool that will help us if we get into that horrible situation. Amongst all features included, sending a simple SMS can lock device, query coordinates from the GPS-receiver, make alarm sounds, soft reset, or even perform a hard reset.
This app is compatible with all Windows Mobile over WM5 +.
Originally posted by TrashKalmar
Let me introduce to you my own variant of anti-thief system for PDAs.
Program is written in native C++ and does not require anything like .net framework.
Before using this software, its strongly recommended to backup your device including storage card!
Crimson Lock is guard system for your PDA. It enables you to control your device in the case of its stealing or loss. You can send special SMS-commands from the regular cellular phone.
App has many features, which distinguishes it from the similar security systems:
Unique features not found in similar apps are marked with asterisk (*)
All screen resolutions are supported (except square qVGA).
Device lock with/without password.
Several SIM cards can be specified.
Tracking events: calls/SMS/softreset/GSM-off.
- Enhanced protection. Its extremely hard to destroy the program when the protection is enabled!
- Customized behaviour on different events.
- Support for multi-SIM-cards.
- Package export for inserting into ROM.
- Export and import of settings.
- Create package to autorun from storage card.
- Support for PDAs with two slots for SIM cards.
- Force enable/disable phone module.
- Embedding owner’s information (name, address, etc.).
- Support for unallowed programs.
- Block incoming/outgoing calls and SMS messages.
- Temporary configuration, if the main one is not writable.
- Forced accept calls from the trusted numbers.
- Possibility to test lock/alarm/embedded info.
- Block hardware buttons on forced call.
- Switch on speakerphone on forced call.
- System GPS-driver support as well as internal NMEA reader.
- Four formats of coordinates, including URL to Google Maps.
You can find more information in the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
While the likes of Samsung and HTC were busy announcing their next big things in the mobile market at their Mobile World Congress events, Sony was turning up the heat in the tablet market with the launch of its latest offering, the Xperia Z4 Tablet. Coming with a 10.1" IPS display offering 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution, the Xperia Z4 tablet is the successor to the successful Z2 tablet released in 2014. As a true successor, the Z4 Tablet offers everything...
After months of anticipation, both the Samsung Galaxy S6 and HTC One M9 have finally been unveiled. Now that we have all seen both of the devices in all their glory, many of us have some decisions to make. Which of the two beasts do you prefer: the Galaxy S6 or the One M9? Let us know which device you plan on buying and why!