CrimsonLock: Anti-thief System Updated
If you have ever lost or have been robbed of your device, you will agree that is something horrible. On top of the economic loss, the information stored on our devices, even if it´s synced with our computers, is something we don´t want to leave it for who ever finds/steals our device.
XDA Member TrashKalmar has updated this great tool that will help us if we get into that horrible situation. Amongst all features included, sending a simple SMS can lock device, query coordinates from the GPS-receiver, make alarm sounds, soft reset, or even perform a hard reset.
This app is compatible with all Windows Mobile over WM5 +.
Originally posted by TrashKalmar
Let me introduce to you my own variant of anti-thief system for PDAs.
Program is written in native C++ and does not require anything like .net framework.
Before using this software, its strongly recommended to backup your device including storage card!
Crimson Lock is guard system for your PDA. It enables you to control your device in the case of its stealing or loss. You can send special SMS-commands from the regular cellular phone.
App has many features, which distinguishes it from the similar security systems:
Unique features not found in similar apps are marked with asterisk (*)
All screen resolutions are supported (except square qVGA).
Device lock with/without password.
Several SIM cards can be specified.
Tracking events: calls/SMS/softreset/GSM-off.
- Enhanced protection. Its extremely hard to destroy the program when the protection is enabled!
- Customized behaviour on different events.
- Support for multi-SIM-cards.
- Package export for inserting into ROM.
- Export and import of settings.
- Create package to autorun from storage card.
- Support for PDAs with two slots for SIM cards.
- Force enable/disable phone module.
- Embedding owner’s information (name, address, etc.).
- Support for unallowed programs.
- Block incoming/outgoing calls and SMS messages.
- Temporary configuration, if the main one is not writable.
- Forced accept calls from the trusted numbers.
- Possibility to test lock/alarm/embedded info.
- Block hardware buttons on forced call.
- Switch on speakerphone on forced call.
- System GPS-driver support as well as internal NMEA reader.
- Four formats of coordinates, including URL to Google Maps.
You can find more information in the application thread.