From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you can secure your Android phone's lockscreen. Some methods are clearly more secure than others, but it comes down to user preference at the end of the day. So, which lockscreen security type do you prefer and why?
Curs Valutar v1.20
Curs Valutar, created by XDA developer virgilp, is an application that allows you to convert currencies, such as from USD to EUR. It also shows official exchange rates, automatic updating system and more.
Originally posted by virgilp
Curs Valutar – exchange rates and currency converter for Windows Mobile, based on the rates provided by the National Bank of Romania.
- Official exchange rates from the National Bank of Romania
- Currency converter
- Choice of the displayed currencies
- Romanian/English interface
- Automatic/manual update of the exchange rates
- In automatic mode, the update of the exchange rates is performed once a day, Monday to Friday, at the first launch of the application after 1 PM (that’s when the rates are updated by the bank). The data is saved locally and loaded on subsequent launches of the application, in order to decrease the response time and avoid unnecessary traffic.
- In manual mode, the update is performed only by user request
In order to get this working on your device, you need a Windows Mobile 5 or higher platform phone, a data connection and .NET Compact Framework 3.5. All resolutions should be supported.
You can download the application from the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of 2,500 news items and forum threads every 24 hours. Only the most timely and interesting bits survive the editing process, but the portal's front page still sees weekly counts in excess of 100 posts. This is a glut of content to absorb, especially if following the news cycle isn't your full-time job. However, the tech world is vast, and the information must flow. With this in mind, please...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! PLEASE NOTE THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND PRACTICALITY AND NOT ANY IMPLICATIONS. LET’S AIM FOR FRIENDLY DISCUSSION Tweaking Android is what a...