DeliciousDroid – Delicious Bookmarks for Android
Thanks to XDA member maxpower47, we are in for a “Delicious” treat. Delicious is a site which in simple terms alllows “Social Bookmarking”, and maxpower47 has developed a great client for using the sites service from your phone.
Here are some of its features:
- Supports OAuth authentication (for Yahoo based accounts)
- Notification of new bookmarks in inbox
- Background sync for bookmarks and network contacts
- Bookmarks are cached to allow offline viewing and to reduce network traffic
- Accounts managed through Android’s built-in account manager
- New bookmarks by network contacts displayed as status updates
- Bookmarks can be added in several ways:
- A menu in the app
- Directly from the browser via the “Share” menu
- By long pressing a friend’s bookmark and choosing “Add”
- Bookmarks can be deleted by long pressing and choosing “Delete”
- Bookmark titles and tags are searchable from both the global search and from within the app
- Code is licensed under the GPL v3 and is available on Github
It is brand new and looks very promising, so go give it a try and leave your feedback for the developer in the discussion thread or checkout the project site.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising developments and it being natively supported on Android M, we can soon expect to see them on smartphones everywhere. If done right, it is a useful feature that allows for quick unlocking and authorization. There are concerns regarding security, but nonetheless the industry seems to be embracing it with open arms. What do you think?
If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we wouldn't be too wrong. After all, the device marked a definite change in how Samsung perceived the market and its own place in it, as it stood amongst the signs of decline which started with the critical reception of the Galaxy S5. To recap, the Samsung Galaxy S5 was criticized heavily for feeling more like a toy, rather than a premium flagship...
In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One could choose a case, a “skin”, “armor”, or “wraps.” In fact, the global mobile accessory market is poised to reach a high of $62 Billion in 2017. dBrand is one of the more creative and friendly vinyl skin manufacturers around. In hopes of sharing what they can offer, our friends at dBrand sent us over some skins to have a look at. They offer...