Google announced today that it will be bringing ads to the Play Store, and while that will surely annoy the majority of us, it isn't the only thing that sucks about the Play Store. From the lack of clear communication with developers to ridiculous restrictions, there are a handful of very annoying things about Google's approach. Let us know what bugs you the most about the Play Store.
Deluxe Moon for Windows Phone 7
Sure you´ve heard of this nice application for Windows Mobile and Android, the next logical step was for it to be available for Windows Phone 7 too. XDA member LifewareSolutions let us know about the inclusion of a free version of Deluxe Moon, an app that combines traditional lunar themes with modern technology to bring you moon details on your screen. Depending on your location, the application shows interesting options like the current moon phase, Zodiac sign, moon rise, moon set times, and more.
Originally posted by LifewareSolutions
[WP7] Deluxe Moon: making your iPhone owning friends jealous-[U]-2011.01.26-[V]-1.2
Name: Deluxe Moon
Deluxe Moon is a beautifully crafted moon application with innovative lunar design. The application combines traditional lunar themes with modern technology to bring you the best: style, convenience of the moon in a pocket and a feature-rich interface.
• Visual picture of the moon phases and the percent of the illuminated area.
• Full names of all moon phases.
• Zodiac Sign the moon is in.
• Current moon’s age: how far along the moon is in its full cycle.
• Moonrise and moonset times for your location.
• Amount of time from moonrise and to moonset.
• Calculations for the current and other dates.
• Network independence: you can work anywhere in the world without Internet or cellular connections.
• Your current location determined by GPS or cellular network.
• You can manually set location, time, date and UTC offset.
– comprehensive Moon information for any date
– moonrise/zenith(nadir)/moonset times
– moonrise/moonset timers
– Moon compass
– moonrize/moonset azimuth
Continue to the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Smartwatches still have a lot of growing up to do. Not too long ago the latest Canalys figures revealed a rather disappointing outcome for 2014, something we covered with the ultimate conclusion that, once again, smartwatches had no year. The direction of smartwatches is unclear to even the biggest OEMs, and with every new option there seems to be polarizing dissonances from what people and OEMs want and what they both think they want. We've documented many of the reasons as to...
Every day, the majority of us use the internet through several different internet service providers, but what we may not think about whilst using this service is how much control these companies have over our experience. AT&T recently launched their rival to the Google Fiber service and subsequently looked for a way to further monetize on their offering. For an extra $29 on top of the $70 monthly charge, you can buy your privacy back from them. Otherwise expect online adverts...