From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you can secure your Android phone's lockscreen. Some methods are clearly more secure than others, but it comes down to user preference at the end of the day. So, which lockscreen security type do you prefer and why?
Deluxe Moon for Windows Phone 7
Sure you´ve heard of this nice application for Windows Mobile and Android, the next logical step was for it to be available for Windows Phone 7 too. XDA member LifewareSolutions let us know about the inclusion of a free version of Deluxe Moon, an app that combines traditional lunar themes with modern technology to bring you moon details on your screen. Depending on your location, the application shows interesting options like the current moon phase, Zodiac sign, moon rise, moon set times, and more.
Originally posted by LifewareSolutions
[WP7] Deluxe Moon: making your iPhone owning friends jealous-[U]-2011.01.26-[V]-1.2
Name: Deluxe Moon
Deluxe Moon is a beautifully crafted moon application with innovative lunar design. The application combines traditional lunar themes with modern technology to bring you the best: style, convenience of the moon in a pocket and a feature-rich interface.
• Visual picture of the moon phases and the percent of the illuminated area.
• Full names of all moon phases.
• Zodiac Sign the moon is in.
• Current moon’s age: how far along the moon is in its full cycle.
• Moonrise and moonset times for your location.
• Amount of time from moonrise and to moonset.
• Calculations for the current and other dates.
• Network independence: you can work anywhere in the world without Internet or cellular connections.
• Your current location determined by GPS or cellular network.
• You can manually set location, time, date and UTC offset.
– comprehensive Moon information for any date
– moonrise/zenith(nadir)/moonset times
– moonrise/moonset timers
– Moon compass
– moonrize/moonset azimuth
Continue to the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of 2,500 news items and forum threads every 24 hours. Only the most timely and interesting bits survive the editing process, but the portal's front page still sees weekly counts in excess of 100 posts. This is a glut of content to absorb, especially if following the news cycle isn't your full-time job. However, the tech world is vast, and the information must flow. With this in mind, please...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! PLEASE NOTE THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND PRACTICALITY AND NOT ANY IMPLICATIONS. LET’S AIM FOR FRIENDLY DISCUSSION Tweaking Android is what a...