Xiaomi was founded on April 6th, 2010 and its fifth anniversary is just around the corner. In the past five years, the company has grown by leaps and bounds, rising to the positions of largest smartphone OEM in China and third-largest globally and coupled with its expansion plans and 100 million sales benchmark, this anniversary warranted a fervent celebration. After teasing products on its forums for a few days, Xiaomi held the anniversary event earlier today and staying true to the...
Eclair on Kaiser, Vogue and Polaris
Android on Windows Mobile can now be seen on many different devices, but it all started with the Kaiser. The Kaiser, Vogue, and Polaris are three devices that have advanced immensely with Android porting. Their progress can be seen in many places, but mostly by the available ROMs.
I’ve selected the most popular ROM that is available for these devices, and from what the comments say, it’s the best. The ROM has many advances that put it at the top of the porting game, with only a few things that are not functioning properly just yet.
Originally posted by polyrhythmic
A few things to look forward to in this build:
- OpenGL Hardware Acceleration! (thanks again to the amazing dzo!)
- Much improved battery life
- Working autocomplete (for Spanish and English) touch keyboard
- Working Google Voice and Maps 4.0 with Full Nav (or int’l Maps 4.0 with Nav)
- GPS with AGPS (Network “Cell-Tower” Location reported buggy for some users)
- 5 home screens and Full QVGA Compatibility
- Stability. The OpenEclair base is the most stable yet
- New install system (which means easier upgrading and multiple themes in the future!)
- Normal Sleep/Suspend (not hacked!)
- 3G Data/MMS
- Full GPS with AGPS
- Network (Cell-Tower-based) Location (buggy)
- Hardware OpenGLES
- Google Apps
- Google Sync
- Exchange Calendar
Apps included in this build:
- Live Wallpapers: Grass, Beziers, Bobs, Polar Clock, Visualizations
- Astro File Manager [Free]
- Taskiller Free 1.8.1 (no ads + CUSTOM THEMED TASKBAR WIDGET) [Free]
- Facebook (full sync working)
- Car Home
- Desk Clock [new!]
- Powerbar Widget
- Genie Widget (a.k.a News and Weather app)
- Nav Launcher [Free]
- Tetherbot [Free]
- GPS Test [Free]
- extra terminal tools in bin/xbin: rwsystem, rosystem, nano & more
- Voice Dial/Search/Keyboard
- YouTube HQ
More information is available in the thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
A few months ago, we came up with the idea of presenting the history of flagship devices released by some of the major Android OEMs. In this, we've had the pleasure of bringing you the stories of Sony (Ericsson) and Samsung. Now, it's time for our third and final installment. This is a very special episode, as the OEM I will talk about was heavily connected to Android and the beginnings of XDA as a whole. Yes, I'm talking about HTC, the...
Unfortunately there was a memory leak in Android 5.0.x Lollipop. Thankfully it was fixed in Android 5.1. However, at the time of this video Xposed Framework doesn’t have Android 5.1 support. So you are faced with a choice of fixing the memory leak or running your Xposed Modules. Or are you? In this episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, XDA TV Producer TK reviews an Xposed Module that adds the Android 5.1 memory fix to pre 5.1 Lollipop devices. The module...