Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...
Eight in One SystemUI and Framework Mod for Xperia Ray
Installing a mod is usually a fun tweak or feature that improves the quality of an already running system, such as RAM management or add a feature that wasn’t there previously. A mod that adds eight features would, statistically, eight times better.
XDA Senior Member hansip87 has released a mod for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray that adds 8 features to a user’s phone. According to hansip87, the mod is compatible with the .42 and .62 stock firmware versions, so if you’re not running those it is not recommended for flashing.
The features included are:
1. Reboot Menu – Add Reboot Menu
2. Volume stepping – Enable 30 stepping for our Ray while listening media file
3. Disable Scrolling Cache – Improve List View smoothness while scrolling
4. Battery Persistent Lock Screen Mod – To check Battery Stats on Lock Screen while not charging/low battery
5. Smooth Spinner Loading Animation – Smoother Loading Circle Animation
6. Status Bar Power Widget + Ultra Theme – Shortcut for Device Setting Widget
7. Added Brightness of Dim/25%/40% and Dim/15%/25% – Finer control for Brightness Widget
8. Added Swipe to Remove Notification – Remove only unwanted notification, not all of ‘em
If this is a mod you’d like to see on your phone, you can head on over to the original thread for download links and instructions on installing. Additionally, there’s a number of other modifications posted so users can further customize their phones. As always, make a backup before flashing, just in case!
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
SlimRoms' website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but it's good to know the team is working hard and is still on top of things. The SlimRoms GitHub repos are getting updated with some major changes showing up. Most notably, some projects are getting a new 5.1 branch: lp5.1! A new, revamped and open source website is also in the works, with a look inspired by material design. We also got a tip about an...
Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature in their flagships. There are already dozens of wireless chargers to choose from on the market today, but quality definitely varies. For those of you who charge your devices wirelessly, let us know which charger is your favorite and why.