Mechanical and mechatronics engineers may want a handy app to calculate data for drilling, milling and turning. If you're part of those, you might have searched the Play store only to give up after not finding anything useful. Fortunately, XDA Recognized Developer laufersteppenwolf found himself in that same situation, but decided to fix it by making an app to calculate what he needed. CutCalc is a simple calculator that makes tasks mechanical engineers need on a daily basis much easier,...
EOS ICS Sheds Nightly Tag, Brings Joy to All Xoom Variants
About a month ago, we wrote about Team EOS, and the impressive work they have done for the previously neglected Motorola Xoom tablet. Despite already having many “firsts” under their collective belts thanks to their previous releases, their newest offering brings a couple of new highlights not yet seen in the Xoom Development Community.
Thanks to the laborious efforts of XDA forum members Solarnz, Nusince, Bigrushdog, GPstar, kcrudup, and phokus; the fully open source, AOSP-built, and heavily-modified EOS Ice Cream Sandwich releases have finally shed their nightly tag. Growing up to full release status, this ROM has a few more “firsts” of its own. In addition to offering a nearly fully customizable UI and their usual performance enhancements, they have included user-friendly overclocking support that automatically disables itself in the event that you were a tad over-zealous in your clock speed ambitions. Furthermore, this is the first custom ROM on the platform to support all four variants of the device—no matter if it’s a WiFi-only, 3G GSM, 3G CDMA, or 4G LTE device.
The feature highlights, according to the developers, are as follows:
- Tiamat 3.0.5 gpu overclocked kernel
- AOSP 4.0.3 based rom
- USB OTG support
- Automatic mounting of FAT32 thumb drives
- Automatic mounting of NTFS thumb drives with write support (doesn’t work for everyone)
- Enable / Disable stock ICS status bar settings
- Enable / Disable EOS ics status bar settings
- Enable / Disable Battery percentage text in the status bar
- Enable / Disable battery icon in the status bar
- Enable / Disable rotation on the lockscreen
- User friendly overclocking settings that will detect if the tablet has restarted too often, and disables the overclocking
- Enable / Disable the automatic brightness to decrease the brightness level
- Enable / Disable the charging light
- Define Rotation angles (Full, 90 Deg, 180 Deg, 270 Deg)
- Face unlock
- Face unlock retry button on the lockscreen.
- Last accessed time and date in Browser history
- Titanium Backup included in the rom
- Rom manager included in the rom
Xoom owners of all flavors can get their fill by visiting the ROM thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
If Cyanogen Inc. has its way, you won’t be forced into the Google services if you use Android. Until then, a lot of us are fully invested into the Google ecosystem. We listen to our music on Google Play Music. However, the Google Play Music app could benefit from some tweaks. In this episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, XDA TV Producer TK reviews an Xposed Module that adds some customization options into Google Play Music. XDA Senior Member Maxr1998 offers...
Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for users to jump between tasks. But is Recents the best method of switching tasks? Let us know if you actually use the Recents button as a task switcher and why.