Many people are under the impression that once Apple finally launches its smartwatch, the market for wearables will suddenly become mainstream and be taken to the next level. Taking an idea that already exists and making it incredibly successful isn't something new to Apple, but does the Apple Watch have what it takes? The wearable hasn't even shipped yet, but has already won multiple awards and has been featured on numerous fashion magazine covers. Do you think the Apple Watch will be a huge success? Let us know your thoughts.
Faster Than Light Launcher Debuts; Boasts Being the Fastest
There are a lot of launchers out there. ADW, LauncherPro, Espier and GO, just to name a few. All these launchers have their own special set of features that make them unique from one another and most people who use them have their preferences.
Well, there’s a new launcher in town now and it’s boasting the unique feature of being the fastest launcher out there. XDA Senior Member lowveld has developed a launcher called FTL Launcher, or Faster Than Light Launcher. The launcher is fast and focuses on performance and usability rather than other features.
The complete feature list includes:
- Based on Gingerbread Launcher2 source code
– Added stuff from oxygen Launcher2 mods
– Tweaked for extreme speed
– Fully accelerated 3D Waterfall app drawer
– 4 configurable quick launch apps on Dock
– Configurable Support for launcher auto-rotation
– Configurable Infinite looping of homescreens
– Wallpaper scrolling disabled (configurable in the full version)
– Configurable support for scrollable widgets
– 5 homescreens (Configurable to 3, 5, 7 or 9 in the full version)
– Fixed transition speed of homescreens (set to “Fast”, in full version there are two faster options, and one slower)
– No bounce effect on homescreen transitions (configurable on the full version)
As you may have extrapolated from the feature list, there is a free version and a paid version, but lowveld has promised that the free version does not affect usability or performance in any way so that should not sway any users to not give it a shot.
You can find the launcher in the Android Market by searching for it or you can check out the original thread for additional information and screen shots.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The smartphone landscape is drastically changing its focus. What was once a North-America-centric monopoly of high-specification phones is now merely an afterimage of the past. The meat of the game is elsewhere now; emerging markets looking for good bang-for-buck are what OEMs are increasingly aiming towards, and in this new game the old players must adapt-or-die. Xiaomi has grown at one of the most notable rates in the industry, leading it to become the world's most valuable start-up; and its...
There are so many Power Banks out there. However, they are not all the same. Some sacrifice weight for capacity. Others do the opposite. Some come with two ports and some come with more, while others come with less. Some are just batteries with a case around it, but others have some unique features. In this episode of XDA TV, Producer TK reviews the RAVPower RP-WD02 Wireless Filehub & Portable Travel Router. This device is the successor to the RP-WD01...