April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not failed to keep us entertained. With a trove of fantastic faux product launches and even some real product launches that were taken as April Fools jokes, people have been busy releasing their hilarious ideas. With many of these jokes being nostalgic and some even being functional it's easy to appreciate the spirit behind them. Samsung Galaxy Blade Edge In a reference to the Galaxy...
Faster Than Light Launcher Debuts; Boasts Being the Fastest
There are a lot of launchers out there. ADW, LauncherPro, Espier and GO, just to name a few. All these launchers have their own special set of features that make them unique from one another and most people who use them have their preferences.
Well, there’s a new launcher in town now and it’s boasting the unique feature of being the fastest launcher out there. XDA Senior Member lowveld has developed a launcher called FTL Launcher, or Faster Than Light Launcher. The launcher is fast and focuses on performance and usability rather than other features.
The complete feature list includes:
- Based on Gingerbread Launcher2 source code
– Added stuff from oxygen Launcher2 mods
– Tweaked for extreme speed
– Fully accelerated 3D Waterfall app drawer
– 4 configurable quick launch apps on Dock
– Configurable Support for launcher auto-rotation
– Configurable Infinite looping of homescreens
– Wallpaper scrolling disabled (configurable in the full version)
– Configurable support for scrollable widgets
– 5 homescreens (Configurable to 3, 5, 7 or 9 in the full version)
– Fixed transition speed of homescreens (set to “Fast”, in full version there are two faster options, and one slower)
– No bounce effect on homescreen transitions (configurable on the full version)
As you may have extrapolated from the feature list, there is a free version and a paid version, but lowveld has promised that the free version does not affect usability or performance in any way so that should not sway any users to not give it a shot.
You can find the launcher in the Android Market by searching for it or you can check out the original thread for additional information and screen shots.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are meant to fool people. This news is no joke though, as Google has pushed the shiny red button to send out over-the-air updates to supported devices. Well, sort of, as only a few of available Nexus devices got updates to Android 5.1. Here's a list of OTAs that can be downloaded and flashed by stock recoveries. You can find guides on how to revert...
Once again, we have arrived on the most magical of holidays - the annual unveiling of HalfLife 3, and day on which co-workers believe it is appropriate to duct tape air horns behind doors. I speak, of course, about April Fools Day. As has become their custom, Google launched lighthearted "pranks" for each of their various services (with other tech sites and vendors following suit), and we have done our best to round up the humorous products and tweaks surfacing thus far....