With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see lots of bashing on Apple's iPhone here. There are different reasons for the hate, but we'd like to hear your number one reason for not going with the iPhone. Let us know your thoughts below!
Myn’s Eclair Port Released for Vogue
As the new Android device owners are eagerly awaiting the official release of Froyo, us with ported versions of Android on WM devices can only hope for improvements over existing ports (for now). XDA member myn, who is the creator of the Myn’s Warm Donut series of roms for the HTC Vogue, Kaiser, and Polaris has just released the second beta of his latest creation, which he called Myn’s Warm Eclair. As with most of his releases, the rom is still in development stage but is packed with tons of features, stability, and speed. Moreover, thanks to the NAND method, you can completely wipe out WM to have a “true” Android device. Although, it still gives you the ability to run from the SD card.
The Cream Filling:
- Some of the features in Beta 2 (06-02-2010) include:
- A ton of new performance enhancements and tweaks.
- Faster application load times
- Fixed force/close bug when clicking on contact picture
- Added Facebook sync support (Thanks Aqtrans)
- Removed NavLauncher as it is now obsolete
- Fixed in call dialer not rendering correctly in 240×320 (Thanks Alexander-Vogt1)
- Updated Astro File Manager
- Updated LauncherPro
- Quick uninstall feature, Just drag app icon over the launcher icon and hold it until you see the uninstall message.
- Increased the speed of the animation when opening the app drawer
- Data roaming disabled by default now
- Some minor framework theme tweaks
You can find more information in the rom thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when it comes to the General Public License that makes the core of Android open to us. The terms of the GPLv2 state that since the Android kernel is based on the Linux kernel, which is licensed under GPL,v2 Android has to be open-source for everyone to study or modify, and those that modify the Android kernel have to make their sources immediately available for...
Xiaomi was founded on April 6th, 2010 and its fifth anniversary is just around the corner. In the past five years, the company has grown by leaps and bounds, rising to the positions of largest smartphone OEM in China and third-largest globally and coupled with its expansion plans and 100 million sales benchmark, this anniversary warranted a fervent celebration. After teasing products on its forums for a few days, Xiaomi held the anniversary event earlier today and staying true to the...