There are many great Android handsets on the market today that are much cheaper than the flagships from the major players like Samsung and HTC. The OnePlus One and Nexus 5 are two great examples of high-end phones being offered at prices much cheaper than competitors. But there are phones in the mid-range that may offer even more bang for your buck. Let us know which smartphone deal you think has the best value.
Myn’s Eclair Port Released for Vogue
As the new Android device owners are eagerly awaiting the official release of Froyo, us with ported versions of Android on WM devices can only hope for improvements over existing ports (for now). XDA member myn, who is the creator of the Myn’s Warm Donut series of roms for the HTC Vogue, Kaiser, and Polaris has just released the second beta of his latest creation, which he called Myn’s Warm Eclair. As with most of his releases, the rom is still in development stage but is packed with tons of features, stability, and speed. Moreover, thanks to the NAND method, you can completely wipe out WM to have a “true” Android device. Although, it still gives you the ability to run from the SD card.
The Cream Filling:
- Some of the features in Beta 2 (06-02-2010) include:
- A ton of new performance enhancements and tweaks.
- Faster application load times
- Fixed force/close bug when clicking on contact picture
- Added Facebook sync support (Thanks Aqtrans)
- Removed NavLauncher as it is now obsolete
- Fixed in call dialer not rendering correctly in 240×320 (Thanks Alexander-Vogt1)
- Updated Astro File Manager
- Updated LauncherPro
- Quick uninstall feature, Just drag app icon over the launcher icon and hold it until you see the uninstall message.
- Increased the speed of the animation when opening the app drawer
- Data roaming disabled by default now
- Some minor framework theme tweaks
You can find more information in the rom thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
TapDeck which has just entered beta, is a smart wallpaper app that allows you to change to a random wallpaper by simply double tapping your screen. After selecting images you like from a selection, your wallpapers will be chosen based on similar images from Flickr, Imgur, Reddit and Wikipedia. If you see one you like, simply swipe up and you will see information relevant to the image. After spending a day with this app it is clear that it is still...
Need some material design icons for your latest app or website? Or perhaps you're a designer looking to share some of your work? Material Design Icons probably has what you're looking for. For developers, it means open, searchable icons that are available in all the formats you could wish for. Developing for Android? You can download any icon in two formats: Android 5.x (gives you a vector drawable along with PNGs in black, gray and the color of your choosing),...