As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we're starting to see a plethora of beautiful new apps on the Play Store. But which ones are the best? Let us know what you think the best looking apps on Android are and why.
Floating Notifications and Multitasking with Open Sourced HALO – XDA Developer TV
The much maligned Android development known as Facebook Home has gone the way of the dodo bird. However, the “chat heads” feature of Facebook Messenger is still favored in the Paranoid Android feature called Halo. Halo was intended to bring a new level of multitasking to Paranoid Android ROMs by allowing the user to receive notifications from apps and act on them from a floating or “windowed” version of the app in question.
In this video, XDA Developer TV Producer Kevin shows you how use floating notifications and multitasking your device. Kevin talks about Halo and some other options. What are you waiting for? Check out this video.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos and Kevin’s other videos.
- Basics of Tasker: Automate Your Phone Tasks – XDA Developer TV
- Intermediate Use of Tasker: Location Based Triggers – XDA Developer TV
- Advanced Use of Tasker: Make Your Phone Work for You – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: Llama Location Profiles to Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV
- Remote Support Tutorial: Fix Computer Problems without Leaving Your Chair – XDA Developer TV
- Dashclock Tutorial: Add Everything to Your Android Lock Screen – XDA Developer TV
- One Man’s Journey to Carrier Contract Freedom – XDA Developer TV
- Spring Clean Your Android Device for a Lemony Fresh Scent – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: Intermediate Llama Location Trigger Phone Activities – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: AutomateIt, Automates Your Device Tasks – XDA Developer TV
- Play Your Videos on Your Television with DLNA – XDA Developer TV
- Use Your Keyboard and Mouse on Android with USB On-The-Go – XDA Developer TV
- Voice Control Your Phone with Tasker and AutoVoice – XDA Developer TV
Check out Kevin’s YouTube Channel
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the differences between Cyanogen, Inc and CyanogenMod developers, as well as Cyanogen OS and the CyanogenMod ROM that so many XDA users love. The entities surrounding each of these are sometimes different and sometimes intertwined. We’ve gotten messages and comments requesting for a clearer distinction between these for future reference, which is why we are writing this feature. Let’s start...
Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of the new Google Cell Service and what we know about it and be sure to check out the article talking about the release of the Sony Xperia Z4. That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on...