After months of anticipation, both the Samsung Galaxy S6 and HTC One M9 have finally been unveiled. Now that we have all seen both of the devices in all their glory, many of us have some decisions to make. Which of the two beasts do you prefer: the Galaxy S6 or the One M9? Let us know which device you plan on buying and why!
Get Yourself Some Spectacular 3D Live Wallpapers
Home screen decoration has become somewhat of an art, especially within the Android community. It’s one of the reasons why we have ‘Show your screenshots’ threads in almost every device’s forum. So what’s part of the repertoire? Widgets, custom icons, the mise en scène of these elements, and most importantly, the wallpaper.
So with this in mind, treat yourself and your artistic side with these spectacular 3D live wallpapers developed by XDA Forum Member keaukraine, which are fully interactive and dynamic in nature. Personal standouts from the collection include:
- A Bamboo Forest: A rotating scene of a tranquil bamboo forest with options for extra elements such as vegetation, falling leaves, butterflies and light beams.
- 3D Jelly Beans: A 3D version of the Android Jelly Bean icon, with the amount of jelly beans acting as a battery indicator.
- A 3D Lotus: The wallpaper displays a white lotus floating on the water among lily pads, while dynamically cycling through day, dusk, night and dawn based accordingly to the current time on your device.
- 3D Tulip: A personal favorite, every time you look at your screen, you’ll be treated to a beautiful pink tulip that sways in the wind, an option that can be turned on and off.
- Lantern Festival: Simulating a lantern festival set on a peaceful lake, the scene slowly shifts itself while lanterns float on the water illuminating the foggy and starry night.
Other wallpapers include a cruising sports car on a highway, a 3D red rose, and melting candles. They are compatible in both landscape and portrait mode, and with each 3D live wallpaper, the object of focus can be rotated with swipes of your finger. For some, the scene can be tilted up and down if toggled in the settings.
All these wallpapers are free from the Play store and are compatible with Android devices running Froyo and newer. So if you’re looking for ways to ‘snazz up’ your home screen, be sure to check out the original thread for more information and demonstrations.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Samsung's Unpacked Event has now come and gone through Mobile World Congress 2015, and we've got a good look at what could be the most advanced phone of the year thus far. The event started shortly after its scheduled time at 12:30PM today and the only devices shown were the Galaxy S6 and its Edge variant, both of which pack an impressive amount of features, spectacular internals and an all-new beautiful design. The show began with a quiet voice whispering to...
Each year, smartphone makers attempt to one-up each other in features and specs, but time and again these improvements feel incremental rather than revolutionary. Samsung hopes to break this trend with a new hardware and software design philosophy, and press details of the new-and-improved cameras shared by the S6 and S6 Edge show that they are off to a great start. Once you get past the curved displays and wraparound Gorilla Glass 4, the most striking feature on these slabs is the...