Give Your WM Device A Taste Of ICS
There are several devices blessed with Windows Mobile out there that have the capability to run ports of Android with ease. These devices have severe hardware limitations when it comes to trying to simulate the user experience (no G-sensor, non-functional gps drivers, etc). Well, for those of you who have not made the jump over to a newer generation Android device and would like to have a similar experience to those who will get ICS, then check out the package that XDA member lesscro put together for you. ICS 4.0 combines not only visuals but also some functionality that will make you believe that you are no longer using a Windows Mobile device, but something that really closely resembles Android 4.0. This skin comes loaded with several features such as a 3D task switcher, a very nicely laid out launcher, and much more.
You need to keep in mind that this will only work on devices that are equipped with WVGA devices only (Touch Pro2, HD2, etc). You also need to understand that the new UI is still a work in progress and because of it, you may experience a bug or two. In any case, this is coming out nicely and if you still have a WM device, we strongly recommend you to try it.
25 /10 / 2011
– lockcreen ‘date, time, weather, notification bar)’
– home page 1 ‘widget weather (unique), all standard shortcut with easy mapping, notification on each icon (SMS, EMAIL, MISSED CALL)’
– home page 2 ‘calendar widget with auto update’
– wireless control from top bar sliding call feature
– top bar ‘press any statut icon to display a popo with extended info (new)’
– launcher ’30 free spaces, support custom icons’
You can find more information in the original thread.
Want something published in the Portal? Contact any News Writer.