Need some material design icons for your latest app or website? Or perhaps you're a designer looking to share some of your work? Material Design Icons probably has what you're looking for. For developers, it means open, searchable icons that are available in all the formats you could wish for. Developing for Android? You can download any icon in two formats: Android 5.x (gives you a vector drawable along with PNGs in black, gray and the color of your choosing),...
Google Glass gets KitKat and Rooted Bootloader, Android 4.4.3 KitKat for Google Nexus 5 Soon – XDA Developer TV
Android KitKat for Google Glass has been rolled out! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that Android 4.4.3 is being rolled out to the Google Nexus 5 (sort of) and that HTC Sense 6 has been ported to the Nexus 5! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for Call Blocker. Then, AdamOutler told you how to hack an Android App. Later, TK gave us an Android App Review of Lockdown Pro. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- [OTA Captured] Google Glass XE16 Update Brings KitKat, Photo Bundles, Photos in Hangouts, Voice Commands Sorting, and More
- Google Glass XE16 Update Factory Image and Rooted Bootloader Now Available
- [OTA Captured] Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the AT&T Galaxy S 4 Active
- Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) and AT&T LG G Flex Receive Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Android 4.4.3 KTU84F to Begin Rolling Out to Nexus 5 Today
- HTC Sense 6 Ported to the Nexus 5
- Official TWRP Released for the Oppo Find 7a and GSM, Sprint, and Verizon HTC One M8
- Google ATAP Details Project Ara in Developers’ Conference
- Google ATAP Reveals Project Ara Developer Kits and 100K Prize Challenge
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: Call Blocker – XDA Developer TV
- How to Hack An Android App (Don’t Try This at Home) – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Lock it Down with Lockdown Pro – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Nvidia unveiled the SHIELD Tegra X1 TV Box! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of the Cyanogen's new corporate identity and partnership with Qualcomm and be sure to check out the article talking about Lollipop devices being no longer encrypted by default! That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week...
According to engadget (citing TouchPal as well as an internal source), HTC aims to replace Swype with TouchPal as the default input method in upcoming devices, including the new HTC One M9. The official TouchPal Twitter account also tweeted the engadget article about this, further confirming the move. What prompted this move? The CEO of CooTek, the company behind TouchPal, says it's because of their better contextual prediction and language support. If you actually look at the supported languages, you'll...