From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you can secure your Android phone's lockscreen. Some methods are clearly more secure than others, but it comes down to user preference at the end of the day. So, which lockscreen security type do you prefer and why?
Google I/O 2013: Dispelling Rumors and Some Predictions – XDA Developer TV
If you were one of the lucky ones who got a ticket to attend Google I/O 2013, congratulations. However, if you are one of the many who encountered problems or didn’t get a ticket in the 50 minutes before they sold out, don’t worry. There is a lot of speculation about what is going to happen at Google I/O.
In this video, XDA Elite Recognized Developer AdamOutler gives his take on the rumors surrounding the event. Will there by a Nexus 5? What about Android 5.0? What will happen to the Nexus Q? AdamOutler tells you what he believes is the truth about these rumors and why they are not plausible. Also, he goes on to explain the finer points of a 10-foot interface and why current setups are inadequate. Check out this video.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos.
- Why I Switched (Back) to Android? – XDA Developer TV
- Android Powered RC Car Updated, HTC One Toolkit Available, Nexus 7 Winner Announced! – XDA Developer TV
- What is the Big Deal with the SIM Unlocking Bill? – XDA Developer TV
- OPPO Find 5 Source Code Released, Sony Xperia Z Rooted – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Side Launcher Showdown! Sidebar vs. Glovebox – XDA Developer TV
- Basics of Tasker: Automate Your Phone Tasks – XDA Developer TV
- Windows Phone App Review: Sideload eBooks on Windows Phone with Freda – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of 2,500 news items and forum threads every 24 hours. Only the most timely and interesting bits survive the editing process, but the portal's front page still sees weekly counts in excess of 100 posts. This is a glut of content to absorb, especially if following the news cycle isn't your full-time job. However, the tech world is vast, and the information must flow. With this in mind, please...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! PLEASE NOTE THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND PRACTICALITY AND NOT ANY IMPLICATIONS. LET’S AIM FOR FRIENDLY DISCUSSION Tweaking Android is what a...