Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...
Google I/O 2013: Dispelling Rumors and Some Predictions – XDA Developer TV
If you were one of the lucky ones who got a ticket to attend Google I/O 2013, congratulations. However, if you are one of the many who encountered problems or didn’t get a ticket in the 50 minutes before they sold out, don’t worry. There is a lot of speculation about what is going to happen at Google I/O.
In this video, XDA Elite Recognized Developer AdamOutler gives his take on the rumors surrounding the event. Will there by a Nexus 5? What about Android 5.0? What will happen to the Nexus Q? AdamOutler tells you what he believes is the truth about these rumors and why they are not plausible. Also, he goes on to explain the finer points of a 10-foot interface and why current setups are inadequate. Check out this video.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos.
- Why I Switched (Back) to Android? – XDA Developer TV
- Android Powered RC Car Updated, HTC One Toolkit Available, Nexus 7 Winner Announced! – XDA Developer TV
- What is the Big Deal with the SIM Unlocking Bill? – XDA Developer TV
- OPPO Find 5 Source Code Released, Sony Xperia Z Rooted – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Side Launcher Showdown! Sidebar vs. Glovebox – XDA Developer TV
- Basics of Tasker: Automate Your Phone Tasks – XDA Developer TV
- Windows Phone App Review: Sideload eBooks on Windows Phone with Freda – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
SlimRoms' website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but it's good to know the team is working hard and is still on top of things. The SlimRoms GitHub repos are getting updated with some major changes showing up. Most notably, some projects are getting a new 5.1 branch: lp5.1! A new, revamped and open source website is also in the works, with a look inspired by material design. We also got a tip about an...
Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature in their flagships. There are already dozens of wireless chargers to choose from on the market today, but quality definitely varies. For those of you who charge your devices wirelessly, let us know which charger is your favorite and why.