Did you watch Apple's VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement and wonder "why can't my Wear watch do that?" In typical XDA fashion, one enterprising forum member has brought similar functionality to Android Wear with a twist; it works on phones and watches alike, with other platforms on the way! The app is called Pinsy, and its release debut is a strong proof of concept with plenty of room to grow. You may remember the developer behind this project, XDA...
Google Unveils Android Wear, Moto 360 SmartWatch Announced, Wear Emulator Rooted – XDA Developer TV
Android 4.4.2 KitKat is rolling out to the Xperia Z Ultra, Z1, and Z1 Compact! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement of Google Wear and the Moto 360 SmartWatch and how you can root the Android Wear emulator! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for Quick Access. Then, AdamOutler tore apart the Omate TrueSmart. Finally, TK gave us an Android App Review of Don’t Pause. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- KitKat Finally Rolling Out to the Xperia Z Ultra, Z1, and Z1 Compact; Xperia Z, ZL, ZR, and Tablet Z in Mid-Q2!
- Australian HTC One Receives Android 4.4.2, OTA Captured
- European HTC One Receives KitKat Once Again
- Fix Your SDCard Issue On KitKat
- Google Unveils Android Wear, LG and Moto Announce Devices, Forums Added!
- Running the Android Wear Emulator? Good. Now Root It!
- Forums Added for the Oppo Find 7, HTC One (2014), and Galaxy Note 3 Neo
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: Quick Access – XDA Developer TV
- Omate TrueSmart Smartwatch Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: “Don’t Pause” My Music Bro! – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...
SlimRoms' website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but it's good to know the team is working hard and is still on top of things. The SlimRoms GitHub repos are getting updated with some major changes showing up. Most notably, some projects are getting a new 5.1 branch: lp5.1! A new, revamped and open source website is also in the works, with a look inspired by material design. We also got a tip about an...