Did you watch Apple's VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement and wonder "why can't my Wear watch do that?" In typical XDA fashion, one enterprising forum member has brought similar functionality to Android Wear with a twist; it works on phones and watches alike, with other platforms on the way! The app is called Pinsy, and its release debut is a strong proof of concept with plenty of room to grow. You may remember the developer behind this project, XDA...
GPS Mod Driver – Lag Fix, GeoCaching Fix, Hardware Compass Support, Multi-Device
Do you think your GPS takes ages to get it´s location?, after installing the GpsModDriver you can get at fix in about 30 seconds. Member Mach2003 presents this updated fix that works in older devices as well.
Originally posted by Mach2003
This Driver installs between your gps application and the GPSID driver that reads the hardware gps data.
Lag is compensated, by guessing your position ‘some number’ of milliseconds in the future, current course and speed changes are included in the guess.
It corrects for invalid data in the gps strings, Out of range DOP values, and Heading values of ‘NaN’ (Not A Number). Position, Speed, and course are reported, even though the distance traveled is less than 30 meters.
Hardware Compass Support information is in Post Number two.
NEW DRIVER version 2.4
- Enabled Sat display when unfixed GPS is being read
- Changed when and why I send Cell Tower, Last Known or Live GPS data
- Added support for installation to external storage
- Fixed “logFile.txt” creation bug
- Enabled MSAPI by default on Cab install when save settings is not used (or on new installations)
External Card Storage
- If the card is removable, installing a device driver to it is just a BAD idea, don’t do it!
- My attached shortcuts don’t work, make your own or edit mine.
- Your card may not be avalable during boot, so driver may not autoload.
- Driver will take londer to load, so phone will take longer to boot.
- ModSettings will take longer to load
- Uninstall is not as perfect, but still works fine, except it is possible that the dll on the card may not be removed if it is in use at the time.
- Did I say don’t install to a card unless you have to?
Continue on to the application thread for more information.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...
SlimRoms' website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but it's good to know the team is working hard and is still on top of things. The SlimRoms GitHub repos are getting updated with some major changes showing up. Most notably, some projects are getting a new 5.1 branch: lp5.1! A new, revamped and open source website is also in the works, with a look inspired by material design. We also got a tip about an...