This wonderful Geek-Christmas time of the year is back once more, promising a lot of exciting reveals from big manufacturers such as HTC and Samsung, but also some pretty gems teased by other smaller OEMs. What kind of exciting products will we see? While we've got a lot of leaked information from the highly expected S6 and M9, there is still a lot to learn about both - and about everything else that will be shown. What kind of trends will...
GPS Mod Driver – Lag Fix, GeoCaching Fix, Hardware Compass Support, Multi-Device
Do you think your GPS takes ages to get it´s location?, after installing the GpsModDriver you can get at fix in about 30 seconds. Member Mach2003 presents this updated fix that works in older devices as well.
Originally posted by Mach2003
This Driver installs between your gps application and the GPSID driver that reads the hardware gps data.
Lag is compensated, by guessing your position ‘some number’ of milliseconds in the future, current course and speed changes are included in the guess.
It corrects for invalid data in the gps strings, Out of range DOP values, and Heading values of ‘NaN’ (Not A Number). Position, Speed, and course are reported, even though the distance traveled is less than 30 meters.
Hardware Compass Support information is in Post Number two.
NEW DRIVER version 2.4
- Enabled Sat display when unfixed GPS is being read
- Changed when and why I send Cell Tower, Last Known or Live GPS data
- Added support for installation to external storage
- Fixed “logFile.txt” creation bug
- Enabled MSAPI by default on Cab install when save settings is not used (or on new installations)
External Card Storage
- If the card is removable, installing a device driver to it is just a BAD idea, don’t do it!
- My attached shortcuts don’t work, make your own or edit mine.
- Your card may not be avalable during boot, so driver may not autoload.
- Driver will take londer to load, so phone will take longer to boot.
- ModSettings will take longer to load
- Uninstall is not as perfect, but still works fine, except it is possible that the dll on the card may not be removed if it is in use at the time.
- Did I say don’t install to a card unless you have to?
Continue on to the application thread for more information.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Last week, I wrote about the best apps to unleash the raw photographic power of your Lollipop smartphone. All four of those cameras generate lossless DNG images with pounds of potential for apps like Photoshop to unlock, but what if you’re looking to edit or view those pics on the go? QuickPic, Google Photos, and the other mainstays treat raw images like they don't exist. This rundown seeks to fill the void and give you full control over your precious pictures....
While the majority of the top apps have already incorporated Google's newest design language, there are still very many apps that are in need of some Material Design love. Which apps do you think are most desperately in need of an update?