During The HTC Utopia In Progress event, HTC discussed their work with the speakers of the M9. With Boomsound integration they aim to bring a "first class audio experience," featuring speakers similar to that of the previous HTC M8 model. As Graham Wheeler (Director of products, EMEA) and Aaron Baker (Senior Manager, Global Social Media) put it, "people are always listening to music on their phones, its an important part of the phone... You watch videos, you listen to music, why would...
GPS Sports Computer: Navmi
XDA member hollywoof has used some of the code of AndyZap’s GPS Cycle Computer to create a new application that uses GPS to get a lot of information about your sports activity. It can, for example, measure your speed, the distance you’ve walked/cycled, and it includes a diary so you can see how you performed for the last days
Originally posted by hollywoof
navmi is a GPS sports application, currently available for Windows Mobile touch screen (professional). It contains lots of DNA from AndyZap’s GPS Cycle Computer – and it’s now been tested on a few devices including:
- Omnia II
- HTC HD (and HD2 Leo)
- Axim x51v
Among navmi’s features are:
- Time and distance tracking
- Auto lap (auto waypoint) recording
- Manual lap recording
- Integrated sports photography
- Map display – including offline caching of maps
- Chart display – speed and elevation
- Multiple settings for multiple sports
- Training Diary – including lap, map, photo and chart review
- Integration with runsaturday online training log and analysis tools
- KML and GPX track export
navmi proudly contains:
- DNA from the GPS Cycle Computer – by AndyZap – with design by expo7 and special thanks to AngelGR – used under new bsd license
- integration with runsaturday.com
- mapping by OpenStreetMap served by Cloudmade – used under creative commons license
- voice from acclivity on freesound.org – used under creative commons license
- sound effects from sowatt and milton on freesound.org – used under creative commons license
- extra graphics input from clker.com – used under creative commons license
You can get more info & download in the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The HTC One M9 was just unveiled in the HTC's "Utopia in Progress" event at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Here is a quick round up of the specs revealed: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 3GB RAM 32GB onboard storage with Micro-sd support of upto 128GB Android 5.0 with Sense 7.0 UI 5" Super LCD touchscreen with a resolution of 1080x1920 pixels Corning Gorilla Glass 4 20.7MP rear camera with dual-tone LED 4MP UltraPixel front camera 2840 mAH Li-PO non-removable...
Virtual Reality technology has been growing at a rapid pace as of late, in a movement that began with the Oculus Rift and accelerated by Google's extremely affordable Cardboard, with many other companies including Samsung also jumping on board. Today, at their "Utopia In Progress" event, HTC announced their entry into the VR space with grandeur. In a groundbreaking partnership with the popular gaming company Valve, HTC aims to deliver an immersive virtual reality solution with limitless possibilities, in the form of...