GSM Touch Pro2 Android Port now supports CDMA
The GSM Android port on the TouchPro2 has been progressing at a fast pace, and now CDMA can join the ride. In a recent update to their port, the XDA Android team brings in support for CDMA devices, for example Sprint and Verizon Wireless TouchPro2 users.
The Port is pretty good. I have been using it on my T-mobile TouchPro2, its fast, smooth, but just a little bit boring and does not really do much if you do not have a data plan with your carrier.
Originally posted by Reefermattness
- NEW Mar 31 New Startup Utility Updates: Force CDMA checkbox enables the use of MrPippys combined CDMA & GSM Rootfs! (For .rar CDMA users add “htc_hw.force_cdma=1″ to your startup.txt!)
- NEW Mar 31 New Thanks to MrPippy’s work the CDMA and GSM rootfs have now been combined!!
- NEW Mar 31 New system.sqsh from babijoee! Adds Gallery, Calculator, and Desktop Clock. Updates to some apps as well!
- 3/25 Zimage/modules: This re-enables the so called “turbo mode”. Some benchmarking figures indicate better memory performance. (topa/rhod: Drive AXI bus @160Mhz when A11 is @528Mhz)
- 3/25 Additions to the Startup Utility! Progress bar & Rootfs.img Auto-Update should also have fixed some compatibility issues, and crashes during the update!
The thread contains more information.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
As Symbian and Blackberry OS gradually gave way to Android and iOS towards the turn of the decade, the former leviathans found themselves struggling to hold their ground and when all seemed lost, they were forced to resort to extreme measures. While Nokia gave in to an acquisition by Microsoft, RIM's plans were more out-of-the-box and one of their efforts to save the platform whose existence was nigh on end was to build a runtime that allowed Blackberry devices to run apps built...
For many power users, Android and XDA go hand in hand. The sheer amount of apps, themes, mods and ROMs in this site make it an enthusiast’s dream, and when I was offered a position to write for the XDA Portal 5 months ago, I was honored beyond explanation. Since then, I’ve learned more about XDA and the industry than I could have expected, and my views on Android, economies, communities and the world at large have been largely influenced...
CyanogenMod is going to release their own SDK! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this weekend. Included in this weekend's news is the announcement of the Yu Yuphoria and be sure to check out the article talking about the leaked Xiaomi Mi5 specs. That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA TV. XDA TV Producer TK released an...