Samsung has announced their two new flagships, the S6 and the S6 Edge. Both devices will run using Samsung's new 64 bit 14 nm Finfet processor which is a worlds first for a smart phone. It is smaller more powerful and easier on the battery. The performance is 20% faster, consumes 35% less power and sees a 30% productivity gain over the chipset in the Galaxy Note 4 which is running at 20nm. The ram is DDR4 which should boost running memory...
GSM Touch Pro2 Android Port now supports CDMA
The GSM Android port on the TouchPro2 has been progressing at a fast pace, and now CDMA can join the ride. In a recent update to their port, the XDA Android team brings in support for CDMA devices, for example Sprint and Verizon Wireless TouchPro2 users.
The Port is pretty good. I have been using it on my T-mobile TouchPro2, its fast, smooth, but just a little bit boring and does not really do much if you do not have a data plan with your carrier.
Originally posted by Reefermattness
- NEW Mar 31 New Startup Utility Updates: Force CDMA checkbox enables the use of MrPippys combined CDMA & GSM Rootfs! (For .rar CDMA users add “htc_hw.force_cdma=1″ to your startup.txt!)
- NEW Mar 31 New Thanks to MrPippy’s work the CDMA and GSM rootfs have now been combined!!
- NEW Mar 31 New system.sqsh from babijoee! Adds Gallery, Calculator, and Desktop Clock. Updates to some apps as well!
- 3/25 Zimage/modules: This re-enables the so called “turbo mode”. Some benchmarking figures indicate better memory performance. (topa/rhod: Drive AXI bus @160Mhz when A11 is @528Mhz)
- 3/25 Additions to the Startup Utility! Progress bar & Rootfs.img Auto-Update should also have fixed some compatibility issues, and crashes during the update!
The thread contains more information.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The mobile payment sector is growing at a rapid pace, with Google Wallet, Apple Pay and Visa's solutions each vying for the top spot, but that race is about to heat up, as Samsung has announced their entry into the space with an initative called "Samsung Pay". While most mobile payment solution rely on NFC to make the transaction, 90% of US retailers don't support NFC and to combat this, Samsung introduces MST technology which allows users to use Samsung...
Alcatel just announced its new flagship device at the Mobile World Congress: the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3. If you've heard of Alcatel in the past, forget all about that, because the OneTouch is a different beast. Talking about the latest flagship devices… Ever loved everything about one except its uncomfortable screen size? You won't have to choose this time, as the Idol 3 comes in two different sizes to please everyone: 4.7" and 5.5". Other than the screen's size, the...