From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you can secure your Android phone's lockscreen. Some methods are clearly more secure than others, but it comes down to user preference at the end of the day. So, which lockscreen security type do you prefer and why?
GSM Touch Pro2 Android Port now supports CDMA
The GSM Android port on the TouchPro2 has been progressing at a fast pace, and now CDMA can join the ride. In a recent update to their port, the XDA Android team brings in support for CDMA devices, for example Sprint and Verizon Wireless TouchPro2 users.
The Port is pretty good. I have been using it on my T-mobile TouchPro2, its fast, smooth, but just a little bit boring and does not really do much if you do not have a data plan with your carrier.
Originally posted by Reefermattness
- NEW Mar 31 New Startup Utility Updates: Force CDMA checkbox enables the use of MrPippys combined CDMA & GSM Rootfs! (For .rar CDMA users add “htc_hw.force_cdma=1″ to your startup.txt!)
- NEW Mar 31 New Thanks to MrPippy’s work the CDMA and GSM rootfs have now been combined!!
- NEW Mar 31 New system.sqsh from babijoee! Adds Gallery, Calculator, and Desktop Clock. Updates to some apps as well!
- 3/25 Zimage/modules: This re-enables the so called “turbo mode”. Some benchmarking figures indicate better memory performance. (topa/rhod: Drive AXI bus @160Mhz when A11 is @528Mhz)
- 3/25 Additions to the Startup Utility! Progress bar & Rootfs.img Auto-Update should also have fixed some compatibility issues, and crashes during the update!
The thread contains more information.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of 2,500 news items and forum threads every 24 hours. Only the most timely and interesting bits survive the editing process, but the portal's front page still sees weekly counts in excess of 100 posts. This is a glut of content to absorb, especially if following the news cycle isn't your full-time job. However, the tech world is vast, and the information must flow. With this in mind, please...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! PLEASE NOTE THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND PRACTICALITY AND NOT ANY IMPLICATIONS. LET’S AIM FOR FRIENDLY DISCUSSION Tweaking Android is what a...