Hacked Camera App Brings 1080p at 30 FPS, 30 Mbit and CD-Quality Audio to the Galaxy S II
The video quality produced by the Samsung Galaxy S II’s camera is quite nice for a mobile phone. In fact, not too long ago, its video recording capabilities would have been considered in line with high end camcorders. This being XDA, however, we are never quite content with technicalities such as “stock specifications.”
Luckily, XDA forum member Potatoman has the solution for you with his modified Camera.APK, which combines his own modifications with those from XDA members Soraxd, Rafalense, pulser_g2, llBlackenedll, robbiekhan, and hyperX.
In the words of the developer:
The apk replaces the stock Camera.Apk in the Galaxy S II, and has the following features-
– Allows use of the camera & camcorder at any battery life
– Records Audio in 192kbps/44.1Khz quality (CD Quality) rather than stock (64kbps/16khz quality)
– Increased Video Bitrate in 1080 and 720p modes* (See 2nd post for info and download link for this version)
– Optional No Sounds versions (for Standard and Highbit versions!). All of the features, None of the noise! Yes, even the autofocus noise is gone!
– HyperX-‘s SuperHighBit version now available (See 2nd post for info and download link for this version)
I have left the settings for the 320×240 and 176×144 resolution modes as stock, so they will be the same size and with the same audio. This is to ensure video messages are kept within the filesize limits
Be sure to continue on to the original thread to get your fix! You will (obviously) need a rooted phone to proceed, as installing the modification requires replacing a system APK. To be safe, make sure to run a Nandroid backup before proceeding.