Have More Control Over Your Device With Blade Buddy for Android
Well, it seems that the concept of devs and cooks having all the fun tweaking roms has pushed XDA member Charles Darke to develop and release an app that would allow you to tweak various parameters in your Android device. Blade Buddy will enable tons of hidden tricks in your device to speed it up a bit, make your device compatible with a few games that would otherwise not run properly or at all, reduce some of the memory consumption, and thus it may end up allowing you to increase battery life in the process. The app can also help you unlock the network component of your device and also, you can mount the device as read-write, which would grant your file explorer access to the root, thus turning it into a root explorer type of application. Finally, it also has a HEX editor, which you may want to stay away from unless you know what you are doing.
If you have tried this, please share your feedback with the dev.
- Hardware acceleration (required for some games to run)
- Disable boot animation
- Enable/Disable Stagefright codecs (helps some games, and videos – depends on device whether this helps or not)
- Disable forced camera shutter sound
- Change LCD Density
- Change WIFI scanning interval
- Alter Dalvik VM Heap Size
- Alter Dalvik VM Heap Start Size
- Alter Dalvik VM Heap Growth Limit
- Ability to remount /system as read-write or read-only, effectively turning any explorer into a Root Explorer
- Integration with basic settings Spare Parts Plus!
You can find more information in the application thread.
Want something published in the Portal? Contact any News Writer.