Here Are the Pebble Challenge Winners From Round 1
With Round 1 of the Pebble Developer Challenge recently closing, they have now been contacted. We had quite the array of entrants, and after almost 100 entries the judges were able to narrow it down to the following 20 winners. We have listed them (in no particular order) along with a brief description of their winning entry:
- SferaDev – GeekTheTime, provides a simple time watch with some random geek quotes. While this application seems to be irrelevant and simple, provides a unique experience to pebble users (aka Geeks!).
- _-_goldfinger_-_ – A watch app that you would be able to estimate time to location. It would take in to account traffic status and be able to show the user time without/with traffic considerations.
- alexmarkley – Strap on your Pebble watch, grab your drum sticks (optional), and start pounding out some wicked beats! This app allows you to use Pebble’s accelerometer to air-play a real software drum machine!
- Johny_G – Drag racing game where players can make money by winning competitions and buy upgrades to increase performance for more difficult races.
- 0x8badfl00d – A simple watch app to communicate with the Pinoccio (http://pinocc.io) API, control/monitor analog and digital pins on the Pinoccio board from the Pebble watch.
- davidarkemp – An app to provide UK rail commuters with alerts when there are delays to their usual trains, and to allow them to see the schedules for these routes.
- guywithafro – An physical activity information aggregator for the fitness enthusiasts.
- stevekennedyuk – In softball and baseball the Umpire has a “clicker” that records balls, strikes, outs and innings. It should be easy to record these on a Pebble using the buttons to indicate a strike, ball, inning.
- myriaddev – This app will enable parents and guardians of children diagnosed with epilepsy to be alerted when the child is having a seizure.
- Arlanthir – Pebby helps you take care of your baby. It allows you to easily set the last time the baby slept, ate or had its diaper changed. Glance down and check how long it has been since any of those events.
- BazingaTheDog – Track your running mates and be tracked at home. Check in your watch how far is a check point with drinking water.
- cynorg – App will use the accelerometer of the watch to measure real-world distances between button presses, using a high sample rate during measurement.
- mcongrove – FishWrist is a Pebble app that allows you to quickly and easily log any fish you catch, including the species, weight, length and geolocation. Why? Your Pebble is waterproof; your is not.
- joecop – (b)orn (a)gain (s)imon with (h)ands is a watchapp game for the Pebble inspired by Simon the game that uses the Pebble accelerometer and its buttons.
- RichardGG – Pebble Wear is a replacement home screen similar to Android Wear. Notifications are mirrored exactly. Images, actions, persistent notifications and Android Wear formatted cards.
- pebblemike – Your pebble watch will display the names and locations of food trucks that are currently open for business. Get full details about about any active food truck. Will support 9 US and Canadian cities.
- RHuffy – This watchface will allow the user to input their school’s bell schedule and will display the amount of time left in the current class period.
- datafirst – a watch app that allows tracking time spent on tasks, matched against projects (paired via an account on a web based interface) that can later be used for service based billing.
- einfallstoll – PebbleVote is a simple possibility to quickly create a Yes/No-Vote. Of course it has a “Report”-Button to flag inappropriate Questions.
- cheniel – Food Baby’s goal is to motivate healthy dietary choices through raising a virtual pet. Logging your food intake feeds your pet, and your pet gives you advice on what to eat throughout the day.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!