HoloNotes Brings Simplistic Styling to Your Note Taking
Given the relative ease in deploying an application to the public in the Android environment (vs. giving Apple your firstborn), there are a large collection of applications which may cause your stomach to go into convulsions when you attempt to use them. So when Google released their Android Design Guidelines, it brought a collective sigh of relief from the UX and UI crowd.
HoloNotes, by XDA Forum Member HoloApps, is one that fits the bill of a clean, functionally designed application centered around Google’s Holo theme. Originally developed for Android 2.1+ under the name HoloPad (thread), the new version has been retooled for ICS and Jelly Bean. Without many useless features, it provides exactly what it is meant to: a way to take quick text notes as well task-lists with reminders, all bundled in an app that integrates well with the rest of the Android 4.x UI. Here are the list of current features, with more sure to come:
- The Beautiful HoloUX From Android 4.0 And 4.1
- Tasks For A Well Designed Todo List
- Hardware Acceleration For Speedy Note And Reminder Adding
- Supports Full Screen Mode For Note Editor
- Dictation Support For Writing Notes Without Typing
- Full Screen Mode For Seeing More Of Your Note Or Reminder
- And More
HoloNotes sets the example for how an app should be designed. Visit the thread to leave feedback and to download the free application.