How to Root, Install TWRP, and Install OmniROM Nightly on the Oppo N1 – XDA Developer TV
In this episode, XDA Developer TV Producer Jordan shows you how to root your Oppo N1. The Oppo N1 is hot news in the Android ecosystem. It is the device that is pushing the limit of phone size, and some say even phablet size. This thing is huge. But as usual at XDA, we must root all the things, and the Oppo N1 is no exception!
Jordan presents step-by-step instructions on how to gain root access on your Oppo N1 using tools from the XDA Developers Forums. First, Jordan shows you how to gain root access using XDA Senior Recognized Developer Jcase’s APK root exploit. Then, he installs TWRP and OmniROM. If you wanted to root your Oppo N1, take a moment and check this video out.
- Jcase’s APK root exploit thread
- Uninstall command: adb uninstall com.qualcomm.privinit
- Flashify (to backup recovery, just in case)
- TWRP thread
- (Manual install: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/209, download the .img file, then “fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img” from Fastboot)
- OmniROM Oppo Forums Thread
- OmniROM Download Page
- PA Google Apps Thread
- (Download Gapps + SuperSU and flash through TWRP)
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!