Did you watch Apple's VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement and wonder "why can't my Wear watch do that?" In typical XDA fashion, one enterprising forum member has brought similar functionality to Android Wear with a twist; it works on phones and watches alike, with other platforms on the way! The app is called Pinsy, and its release debut is a strong proof of concept with plenty of room to grow. You may remember the developer behind this project, XDA...
How to Root the HTC Desire HD
In today’s episode of XDA TV, Sam takes you through the steps required to S-OFF, root, and flash a custom ROM on your Desire HD, as quickly and simply as he possibly can. Click on to check out the video, plus specific steps if you prefer the text.
Steps for this process:
1. Download the Advanced Ace Hack Kit
2. Extract the files
3. Install Desire HD drivers in /tools/windrivers/
4. Connect the device via USB and turn on USB Debugging in Settings-Applications-Development
5. Run the hack-ace.cmd as Administrator and start the process by typing “1” and “Enter”
6. The process will run and will take about 5-6 minutes to complete
7. Download your ROM of choice, do not extract it, and copy the .zip to the device SD card
8. Rename the file to “update.zip”
9. Power off your device
10. To boot in the bootloader, perform a battery pull, reinstate the battery, and hold the volume down and power buttons
11. Using the volume buttons to navigate, and power button to make selections, boot into Recovery, clear the cache, and select ‘install update from sdcard’.
12. When the flashing process has completed, reboot your device and wait about 3-4 minutes for it to boot fully
13. You device is now rooted and has a custom ROM installed
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...
SlimRoms' website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but it's good to know the team is working hard and is still on top of things. The SlimRoms GitHub repos are getting updated with some major changes showing up. Most notably, some projects are getting a new 5.1 branch: lp5.1! A new, revamped and open source website is also in the works, with a look inspired by material design. We also got a tip about an...