The Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge are already proving to be amongst the head turners of 2015. From favoring their inhouse Exynos 7 SoC over the Snapdragon 810 SoC (which ended up causing issues to its main rival); to ditching the removable battery and micro sd card slot in favor of a more "premium" device, the flagship duo have a lot going on for them at this stage. Regarding the premium redesign which replaced plastic with metal and glass,...
How to Root the HTC Desire HD
In today’s episode of XDA TV, Sam takes you through the steps required to S-OFF, root, and flash a custom ROM on your Desire HD, as quickly and simply as he possibly can. Click on to check out the video, plus specific steps if you prefer the text.
Steps for this process:
1. Download the Advanced Ace Hack Kit
2. Extract the files
3. Install Desire HD drivers in /tools/windrivers/
4. Connect the device via USB and turn on USB Debugging in Settings-Applications-Development
5. Run the hack-ace.cmd as Administrator and start the process by typing “1” and “Enter”
6. The process will run and will take about 5-6 minutes to complete
7. Download your ROM of choice, do not extract it, and copy the .zip to the device SD card
8. Rename the file to “update.zip”
9. Power off your device
10. To boot in the bootloader, perform a battery pull, reinstate the battery, and hold the volume down and power buttons
11. Using the volume buttons to navigate, and power button to make selections, boot into Recovery, clear the cache, and select ‘install update from sdcard’.
12. When the flashing process has completed, reboot your device and wait about 3-4 minutes for it to boot fully
13. You device is now rooted and has a custom ROM installed
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Cyanogen Inc. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! CyanogenMod is widely recognized across XDA for its solid performance, great feature set and far-reaching (and also long-lasting) support for all sorts of devices, from...
There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock Clock app for AOSP does the job, it may lack some of the more advanced features from competitors. Let us know what your favorite alarm clock app is for Android and why.