Most of this article doesn't only apply to Telegram+ -- it just happens to be an example that got a lot of coverage elsewhere, with many authors or commentators putting the full blame on Google, Telegram, the Telegram+ developer or even WhatsApp Inc (eh?). In this article, we'll try to look at the different aspects to provide a clear view of what actually happened, and what can (and hopefully will) improve with regards to developers in general and the Play...
How to Root the HTC Desire HD
In today’s episode of XDA TV, Sam takes you through the steps required to S-OFF, root, and flash a custom ROM on your Desire HD, as quickly and simply as he possibly can. Click on to check out the video, plus specific steps if you prefer the text.
Steps for this process:
1. Download the Advanced Ace Hack Kit
2. Extract the files
3. Install Desire HD drivers in /tools/windrivers/
4. Connect the device via USB and turn on USB Debugging in Settings-Applications-Development
5. Run the hack-ace.cmd as Administrator and start the process by typing “1” and “Enter”
6. The process will run and will take about 5-6 minutes to complete
7. Download your ROM of choice, do not extract it, and copy the .zip to the device SD card
8. Rename the file to “update.zip”
9. Power off your device
10. To boot in the bootloader, perform a battery pull, reinstate the battery, and hold the volume down and power buttons
11. Using the volume buttons to navigate, and power button to make selections, boot into Recovery, clear the cache, and select ‘install update from sdcard’.
12. When the flashing process has completed, reboot your device and wait about 3-4 minutes for it to boot fully
13. You device is now rooted and has a custom ROM installed
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Ever since custom recoveries and roms became popular, nandroid backups have been the fall back method for all android enthusiasts, irrespective of their confidence levels. They allow easy backup and restore in case things go wrong, which happens invariably when a modification is being tested. With that being said, how relevant are Nandroid Backups to this day? Back in 2011, when the world of Android was being awed by the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S2, a little modification made its appearance...
While HTC's latest flagship brings many new features, the aesthetic design of the device remains largely untouched in comparison to its predecessor. Many Android enthusiasts throughout the community were expecting a large redesign of one of the most beautiful handsets ever released, but what we got is something more along the lines of an 'HTC One M8S". So this begs the question, is the M9 worth the upgrade if you already own the M8? Current HTC One M8 users chime in and let us know your thoughts.