In today’s episode of XDA TV, Sam takes you through the steps required to S-OFF, root, and flash a custom ROM on your Desire HD, as quickly and simply as he possibly can. Click on to check out the video, plus specific steps if you prefer the text.
Steps for this process:
1. Download the Advanced Ace Hack Kit
2. Extract the files
3. Install Desire HD drivers in /tools/windrivers/
4. Connect the device via USB and turn on USB Debugging in Settings-Applications-Development
5. Run the hack-ace.cmd as Administrator and start the process by typing “1” and “Enter”
6. The process will run and will take about 5-6 minutes to complete
7. Download your ROM of choice, do not extract it, and copy the .zip to the device SD card
8. Rename the file to “update.zip”
9. Power off your device
10. To boot in the bootloader, perform a battery pull, reinstate the battery, and hold the volume down and power buttons
11. Using the volume buttons to navigate, and power button to make selections, boot into Recovery, clear the cache, and select ‘install update from sdcard’.
12. When the flashing process has completed, reboot your device and wait about 3-4 minutes for it to boot fully
13. You device is now rooted and has a custom ROM installed
Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the smartphone has become our primary method of reading and writing e-mails, messaging, and browsing the web. Though proclamations that "smartphones have replaced the personal computer" typically fall on deaf ears, the statements aren't without merit. Indeed, smartphones have "replaced"—or more accurately, "displaced"—PC's in several areas that they have traditionally been dominant. But how many of you look into your pocket, or on your desk, and...
In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the answers we received were varied, a lot of these responses and top comments stood out for helping one OEM: Sony. Some excerpts from our discussion are as below: And many more follow suit. Needless to say, many believe that Sony Mobile as a company is great and is worth saving. And all of these would be happy to hear that Sony will...
The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of these apps have access to very important information. Your mobile banking app gives you access to your money. Your Dropbox app could hold your secret plans to world domination. These apps should have greater protection than your Trivia Crack game. In this episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, XDA TV Producer TK reviews an Xposed Module that enables you to control access to your apps. XDA Senior Member defim created...