We've received mixed reports about switching to ART but it seems that the majority of users who make the jump see some type of improvement. But just how noticeable is this improvement in app performance? Let us know if switching to ART has brought noticeable changes to your device's performance.
How to Root the Oppo Find 5 and Install a Custom Recovery – XDA Developer TV
We have talked about the Oppo Find 5 before. This relatively unknown phone manufacturer (though well known for their home entertainment equipment) has created a lot of buzz recently. To be honest, this video is going to continue that buzz. And rightfully so, as the Oppo Find 5 is easy to root and install a custom recovery.
In today’s video, XDA Developer TV Producer Kevin talks about the Oppo Find 5’s features. He then talks about how to install a custom recovery. Once you get there, you can flash a SuperSU APK from Recovery and you are rooted. Check this video out.
Find the Files Here.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos and Kevin’s other videos.
- Android Basics 101: Understanding Kernels – XDA Developer TV
- Nexus 7: Old versus New – XDA Developer TV
- How to Root the New Nexus 7 (2013) – XDA Developer TV
- Connect to WiFi Instantly with InstaWiFi – XDA Developer TV
- Basics of Tasker: Automate Your Phone Tasks – XDA Developer TV
- Intermediate Use of Tasker: Location Based Triggers – XDA Developer TV
- Advanced Use of Tasker: Make Your Phone Work for You – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: Llama Location Profiles to Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV
- Remote Support Tutorial: Fix Computer Problems without Leaving Your Chair – XDA Developer TV
- Dashclock Tutorial: Add Everything to Your Android Lock Screen – XDA Developer TV
- One Man’s Journey to Carrier Contract Freedom – XDA Developer TV
- Spring Clean Your Android Device for a Lemony Fresh Scent – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: Intermediate Llama Location Trigger Phone Activities – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: AutomateIt, Automates Your Device Tasks – XDA Developer TV
- Play Your Videos on Your Television with DLNA – XDA Developer TV
- Use Your Keyboard and Mouse on Android with USB On-The-Go – XDA Developer TV
- Voice Control Your Phone with Tasker and AutoVoice – XDA Developer TV
- Floating Notifications and Multitasking with Open Sourced HALO – XDA Developer TV
- Automatically Backup Your Android with OBackup – XDA Developer TV
- All-In-One Android Toolkit with Advanced Mobile Care – XDA Developer TV
- Use NFC Tags to Trigger Events with NFC Launcher – XDA Developer TV
- Quick Settings for All – XDA Developer TV
- Protect Your Privacy with XPrivacy – XDA Developer TV
Check out Kevin’s YouTube Channel
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge are already proving to be amongst the head turners of 2015. From favoring their inhouse Exynos 7 SoC over the Snapdragon 810 SoC (which ended up causing issues to its main rival); to ditching the removable battery and micro sd card slot in favor of a more "premium" device, the flagship duo have a lot going on for them at this stage. Regarding the premium redesign which replaced plastic with metal and glass,...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Cyanogen Inc. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! CyanogenMod is widely recognized across XDA for its solid performance, great feature set and far-reaching (and also long-lasting) support for all sorts of devices, from...