Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...
How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S III – XDA Developer TV
In this episode of XDA Developer TV, we show you how to root your Samsung Galaxy S III. The popularity of the Samsung Galaxy S III and its variants have produced a few rooting methods. There are many features you can gain by rooting your device. We present three step-by-step instructions on how to gain root access on your Samsung Galaxy S III using tools from the XDA Developers Forums.
The first process posted by XDA Recognized Contributor mrRobinson works for the AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint US variants. This method typically does not trip the flash counter, but can take some time. The second method is by XDA Elite Recognized Developer Chainfire. This works for the three aforementioned US variants and the International version. This method is quick, but it does trip the flash counter. Finally, we cover the use of XDA Senior Moderator and Recognized Developer mskip’s toolkit. You can find versions for the four previously mentioned variants of the toolkit. This is a semi-automatic method and does trip the flash counter. So take a moment and check this video out.
- [HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter – [ATT / Bell / Telus / Rogers / Sasktel]
- [HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter [Tmobile / Wind / Mobilicity / Videotron]
- [HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter [SPR L710VPBLJ7] JB 4.1.1
- at&t variant – [SGH-I747/M] CF-Auto-Root v1.0
- T-Mobile variant – [SGH-T999] CF-Auto-Root v1.0
- Sprint variant – [SPH-L710] CF-Auto-Root v1.0
- International variant – CF-Auto-Root v1.0 [GT-I930x/T/N][SHV-E210*][SHW-M440S]
- [SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 TOOLKIT V6.0] Drivers, Backup, Root, CWM, BusyBox + MORE [GSM]
- [SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 QCOM TOOLKIT V2.3] Drivers Backup Root CWM BusyBox + MORE [ATT]
- [SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 QCOM TOOLKIT V2.3] Drivers Backup Root CWM BusyBox + MORE [TMO]
- [SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 QCOM TOOLKIT V2.3] Drivers Backup Root CWM BusyBox + MORE [SPR]
Triangle Away! by XDA Elite Recognized Developer Chainfire.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
SlimRoms' website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but it's good to know the team is working hard and is still on top of things. The SlimRoms GitHub repos are getting updated with some major changes showing up. Most notably, some projects are getting a new 5.1 branch: lp5.1! A new, revamped and open source website is also in the works, with a look inspired by material design. We also got a tip about an...
Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature in their flagships. There are already dozens of wireless chargers to choose from on the market today, but quality definitely varies. For those of you who charge your devices wirelessly, let us know which charger is your favorite and why.