The lockscreen is a part of the OS that we see hundreds of times every day, whether we're using Android or iOS. The look of the lockscreen depends on the Android version, device manufacturer or ROM chef. In short, it differs for almost every user. Luckily enough, users can use third party alternatives that bring more features. One such application is Hi Locker, developed by XDA Senior Member thotran7989. Hi Locker can be found both on the Play store and...
HTC Android Basic Kitchen, v0.51 Available
Are you new on Android but want to enter into cooking world, so you can have your own flavor? Member dsixda just updated his Android Kitchen “very basic” cooking.
Originally posted by dsixda
I have created a kitchen to address the issue of users who are new to Android and want to start cooking their own ROM right away, but who do not know exactly how to start. I come from a Windows Mobile cooking background, and in comparison, I have noticed that resources for Android ROM cooking are hard to come by. I am new myself to the area of Android cooking, so I am no expert, but I do want to help others with the knowledge that I already have. This kitchen is very basic, but is enough to help you start cooking.
It has support for the following HTC devices:
- Hero / G2 Touch (see this thread for discussion)
- Nexus One (see this thread for discussion)
- Dream / G1 (see this thread for discussion)
- Magic / myTouch 3G (see this thread for discussion)
- Tattoo / Click (see this thread for discussion)
- Droid Eris (see this thread for discussion)
- Desire / Bravo (untested)
- Legend (untested)
- All other rooted HTC Android devices (untested)
Who is this kitchen for?
- Those who are brand new to cooking, although advanced cooks may also find it useful
- Those who want to modify shipped ROMs or someone else’s cooked ROMs to their liking
- Those who are confused by all those scripts and complex commands required for building and extracting
For more information continue on to the kitchen thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Here on XDA TV we have a series we like to call Must Have Apps. These are apps that we think are so great and useful that you must have them. We’ve given this title to such programs as Pushbullet, Light Flow, Helium, the AROMA File Manager, ROM Toolbox and Pocket Casts. But today we have an app that surpasses them all. Former XDA TV Producer Adam Outler offers up a must have application. In this video, XDA TV Producer...
OnePlus has been teasing a new product for a while now, hailing it as a game-changer which isn't a tablet or a smartwatch. While speculations were rife about what this game-changing device could be, the company did confirm that the product was indeed a drone in their recent AMA. A tweet and vine from OnePlus shed some more light on this product, which was confirmed to be named as DR-1 (dr-one, get it?) and was to reach stores "next month". In a...