There are some excellent ‘AAA’ tier games by huge development houses that offer fun, and, most of the time, in-app purchases. There is no doubt that some of these games are great. However, at XDA we like to keep an eye on the little guy. Some of the more successful Android developers have started out as the little guy. Today we celebrate another simple game developed by an XDA member. XDA Senior Member Rolf Smit offers up a 2D sandbox...
HTC Announcing Sensation XE
Earlier this year, HTC released their newest line up of devices, sporting Gingerbread and Sense 3.0. Some of these devices include the Sensation and the EVO 3D. Tons of feedback have been returned to HTC regarding the performance of the phones as well as aesthetics. Well, it seems that the Taiwanese manufacturer released the news earlier today stating that the Sensation has a new sibling on the way dubbed as the HTC Sensation XE, which is a special edition of the qHD screened device that so many of you are carrying these days. This version is far from being only a revamping of the device’s outer shell, this packs a much heavier punch for your buck as it has an upgraded dual core processor clocked at 1.5 GHz and a larger capacity battery for your extended using pleasure. If that was not it, the special edition will come bundled with a pair of premium Dr. Dre branded headphones, so that you can listen to your favorite music in high audio quality. In case you are interested, here are the official specs from the device.
HTC Sensation XE™ with Beats Audio™ Specifications
• Qualcomm MSM 8260
• 1.5 GHz dual-core
• Android™ with HTC Sense™
• Total internal phone storage: 4 GB
• Available internal phone storage: 1 GB
• RAM: 768 MB
• 126.1 x 65.4 x 11.3 mm (4.96 x 2.57 x 0.44 inches)
• 151 grams with battery
• 4.3-inch touch LCD screen with 540 x 960 qHD resolution
• Gorilla glass
Europe/Asia: 900/AWS/2100 MHz
• GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
• Upload speed of up to 5.76 Mbps and download speed of up to 14.4 Mbps
• Internal GPS antenna
• Gyro sensor
• Digital compass
• Proximity sensor
• Ambient light sensor
• 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
• Bluetooth® 3.0 with FTP/OPP for file transfer, A2DP for wireless stereo headsets, and PBAP for phonebook access from the car kit
• Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
• DLNA for wirelessly streaming media from the phone to your TV or computer.
• Micro-USB port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection
• 8 megapixel colour camera with auto focus and dual LED flash
• 1080p HD video recording
• VGA front camera
Audio supported formats
• Playback: .aac, .amr,.mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9), SP-MIDI
• Recording: ..amr, .aac
Video supported formats
• Playback: H.263, H.264, MPEG-4,.wmv (Windows Media Video 9)
• Recording: MPEG-4, H.263
• Stereo sound video recording
• Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
• Capacity: 1730 mAh
• Talk time: Up to 445 minutes for WCDMA and up to 550 minutes for GSM
• Standby time: Up to 450 hours for WCDMA and up to 350 hours for GSM
• microSD™ memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)
• Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
• DC output: 5 V and 1 A
Certainly, a nice incentive for those who were thinking about going for the Sensation. We’ll see how this plays along. Who knows what else this will bring along? It looks like we will find out soon enough.
Want something published in the Portal? Contact any News Writer.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The Galaxy S6 Edge, Huawei Watch, Xperia Z4 Tablet, Moto E 2015 and Xperia M4 Aqua all have gotten new forums here at XDA. If you want the latest and greatest in hardware as of now, the Galaxy S6 Edge's top-tier processor, memory, and camera will most likely fulfill your everyday needs with blazing speed, and extra screen-space to boot. Huawei seems to have nailed the smartwatch with their new Huawei Watch, a classy-looking but also durable and powerful Android Wear...
Privacy and security are two increasingly important factors in today's globalized world, and with the surge of internet spying by government agencies and third parties, wiretaps are an everyday thing that don't just concern James Bond anymore. Encryption made its way to the semi-mainstream messaging world with the Telegram platform, but while millions flocked to it, it is still clear that convenience beats privacy for most of smartphone users. After all, with the huge user bases boasted by Whatsapp and the...