We've received mixed reports about switching to ART but it seems that the majority of users who make the jump see some type of improvement. But just how noticeable is this improvement in app performance? Let us know if switching to ART has brought noticeable changes to your device's performance.
HTC_IME Keyboard V19
This keyboard is slowly becoming the most popular app on XDA. The keyboard has brought many new features to the typical Android keyboards, and so it seems right for us to keep you up to date on it.
Originally posted by jonasl
Recent ones in bold
- Customizable language settings
- Smileys hacked into the hide key (see screen shots)
- Custom smileys
- Installs also on Android < 2.1
- Custom word candidate bar that raises the keyboards so dictionary won’t cover the app you type in
- Prediction in fields with own suggestions (search bar etc.)
- Prediction in fields that sets the filter flag
- Prediction in URL fields
- Disable automatic capitalization
- Play sounds in silent mode
- Set sound level
- Automatic space insertion
- Enable prediction with cursor in or adjacent to existing words (QWERTY only)
- Enable a space bar key in URL keyboard (experimental)
- Prediction for physical keyboard (reported working, not tested by me)
- Support for German QWERTZ hard KB layout
- Show voice input button for all keyboards with a settings button
- Swipe right for voice input on any keyboard
- Swipe left to delete word
- Swipe down to hide keyboard
- Disable key preview popup
- Use Google development server for voice (supports German but isn’t online 24/7)
- Position of word candidate list is saved if you long press and move it
- Left align word candidate list
- MANY HTC bugs fixed, the changelog for a few of them
- Droid landscape support with resolution related glitches
- User dictionary import/export (for backup or building your dictionary on your computer)
- User dictionary accepts any character, not just HTC approved ones
- Custom vibration length
- Character replacement (can remove diacritic chars)
- Pipe key in qwerty mode
- My source code is now available for your own modding pleasure
Get this for your device in the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge are already proving to be amongst the head turners of 2015. From favoring their inhouse Exynos 7 SoC over the Snapdragon 810 SoC (which ended up causing issues to its main rival); to ditching the removable battery and micro sd card slot in favor of a more "premium" device, the flagship duo have a lot going on for them at this stage. Regarding the premium redesign which replaced plastic with metal and glass,...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Cyanogen Inc. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! CyanogenMod is widely recognized across XDA for its solid performance, great feature set and far-reaching (and also long-lasting) support for all sorts of devices, from...