Nvidia unveiled the SHIELD Tegra X1 TV Box! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of the Cyanogen's new corporate identity and partnership with Qualcomm and be sure to check out the article talking about Lollipop devices being no longer encrypted by default! That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week...
HTC_IME Keyboard V19
This keyboard is slowly becoming the most popular app on XDA. The keyboard has brought many new features to the typical Android keyboards, and so it seems right for us to keep you up to date on it.
Originally posted by jonasl
Recent ones in bold
- Customizable language settings
- Smileys hacked into the hide key (see screen shots)
- Custom smileys
- Installs also on Android < 2.1
- Custom word candidate bar that raises the keyboards so dictionary won’t cover the app you type in
- Prediction in fields with own suggestions (search bar etc.)
- Prediction in fields that sets the filter flag
- Prediction in URL fields
- Disable automatic capitalization
- Play sounds in silent mode
- Set sound level
- Automatic space insertion
- Enable prediction with cursor in or adjacent to existing words (QWERTY only)
- Enable a space bar key in URL keyboard (experimental)
- Prediction for physical keyboard (reported working, not tested by me)
- Support for German QWERTZ hard KB layout
- Show voice input button for all keyboards with a settings button
- Swipe right for voice input on any keyboard
- Swipe left to delete word
- Swipe down to hide keyboard
- Disable key preview popup
- Use Google development server for voice (supports German but isn’t online 24/7)
- Position of word candidate list is saved if you long press and move it
- Left align word candidate list
- MANY HTC bugs fixed, the changelog for a few of them
- Droid landscape support with resolution related glitches
- User dictionary import/export (for backup or building your dictionary on your computer)
- User dictionary accepts any character, not just HTC approved ones
- Custom vibration length
- Character replacement (can remove diacritic chars)
- Pipe key in qwerty mode
- My source code is now available for your own modding pleasure
Get this for your device in the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
According to engadget (citing TouchPal as well as an internal source), HTC aims to replace Swype with TouchPal as the default input method in upcoming devices, including the new HTC One M9. The official TouchPal Twitter account also tweeted the engadget article about this, further confirming the move. What prompted this move? The CEO of CooTek, the company behind TouchPal, says it's because of their better contextual prediction and language support. If you actually look at the supported languages, you'll...
Many people are under the impression that once Apple finally launches its smartwatch, the market for wearables will suddenly become mainstream and be taken to the next level. Taking an idea that already exists and making it incredibly successful isn't something new to Apple, but does the Apple Watch have what it takes? The wearable hasn't even shipped yet, but has already won multiple awards and has been featured on numerous fashion magazine covers. Do you think the Apple Watch will be a huge success? Let us know your thoughts.