Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...
HTC’s Reddit AMA, Huawei Ascend P6 KitKat Beta, Streaming Local Content to ChromeCast with LocalCast – XDA Developer TV
HTC America participated in a Reddit AMA and spoke about their future plans! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that the Huawei Ascend P6 is getting an Android KitKat beta and their is now a way to stream your local content on your Chromecast with LocalCast!
Jordan talks about how Google acquired a sound-based login company. Be sure to check out XDA Developer TV videos from last week including XDA Developer TV Producer TK’s Xposed Tuesday video for Complete Action Plus, Jordan’s introduction to ART, and XDA TK’s Android App Review of Quickr. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Android 4.4.2_r2 (KVT49L) Rolling Out to the Nexus 7 (2013) with LTE, Factory Images Updated, and Here’s What’s New!
- Huawei Ascend P6 Receives the Gift of KitKat
- HTC America Hosts Reddit AMA, Talks about Future Updates on the One and One X, Removable Batteries, Product Design, and More!
- Stream Multimedia Files from Android to Chromecast with LocalCast
- Google Acquires SlickLogin, Sound-based Login Coming to Android?
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: Complete Action Plus – XDA Developer TV
- Android Basics 101: Understanding ART, the Android Runtime – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Navigate Your Phone ‘Quickr’ – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
SlimRoms' website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but it's good to know the team is working hard and is still on top of things. The SlimRoms GitHub repos are getting updated with some major changes showing up. Most notably, some projects are getting a new 5.1 branch: lp5.1! A new, revamped and open source website is also in the works, with a look inspired by material design. We also got a tip about an...
Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature in their flagships. There are already dozens of wireless chargers to choose from on the market today, but quality definitely varies. For those of you who charge your devices wirelessly, let us know which charger is your favorite and why.