There are so many Power Banks out there. However, they are not all the same. Some sacrifice weight for capacity. Others do the opposite. Some come with two ports and some come with more, while others come with less. Some are just batteries with a case around it, but others have some unique features. In this episode of XDA TV, Producer TK reviews the RAVPower RP-WD02 Wireless Filehub & Portable Travel Router. This device is the successor to the RP-WD01...
HTC’s Reddit AMA, Huawei Ascend P6 KitKat Beta, Streaming Local Content to ChromeCast with LocalCast – XDA Developer TV
HTC America participated in a Reddit AMA and spoke about their future plans! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that the Huawei Ascend P6 is getting an Android KitKat beta and their is now a way to stream your local content on your Chromecast with LocalCast!
Jordan talks about how Google acquired a sound-based login company. Be sure to check out XDA Developer TV videos from last week including XDA Developer TV Producer TK’s Xposed Tuesday video for Complete Action Plus, Jordan’s introduction to ART, and XDA TK’s Android App Review of Quickr. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Android 4.4.2_r2 (KVT49L) Rolling Out to the Nexus 7 (2013) with LTE, Factory Images Updated, and Here’s What’s New!
- Huawei Ascend P6 Receives the Gift of KitKat
- HTC America Hosts Reddit AMA, Talks about Future Updates on the One and One X, Removable Batteries, Product Design, and More!
- Stream Multimedia Files from Android to Chromecast with LocalCast
- Google Acquires SlickLogin, Sound-based Login Coming to Android?
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: Complete Action Plus – XDA Developer TV
- Android Basics 101: Understanding ART, the Android Runtime – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Navigate Your Phone ‘Quickr’ – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Most of this article doesn't only apply to Telegram+ -- it just happens to be an example that got a lot of coverage elsewhere, with many authors or commentators putting the full blame on Google, Telegram, the Telegram+ developer or even WhatsApp Inc (eh?). In this article, we'll try to look at the different aspects to provide a clear view of what actually happened, and what can (and hopefully will) improve with regards to developers in general and the Play...
Ever since custom recoveries and roms became popular, nandroid backups have been the fall back method for all android enthusiasts, irrespective of their confidence levels. They allow easy backup and restore in case things go wrong, which happens invariably when a modification is being tested. With that being said, how relevant are Nandroid Backups to this day? Back in 2011, when the world of Android was being awed by the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S2, a little modification made its appearance...