ICSControl: Internet Connection Sharing Utility
It has never been so easy to share your internet connection with other devices on Window Mobible. This under estimated tool that comes in almost any phone has many other great ways to share connections that we don´t even know exist. A couple of years ago member lysdexical created this app that unlocks the real potential of Internet sharing. Among other connection types, you can find: VPN to Wifi, Wifi to Bluetooth, Wifi to USB, etc. It´s worthwhile to bring back this old app back to life as it’s still actual and very useful.
Originally posted by lysdexical
ICS Control is a GUI front-end for Internet Connection Sharing, a component of Microsoft Windows Mobile. It can be configured to do a variety of things including sharing your cellular internet connection over an adhoc WiFi network.
Requirements: .NET Compact Framework 2.0 and Windows Mobile 5 or later with the IPNAT driver included (most WM6 builds have this built-in). The “Internet Sharing” application that some phones have is not required, but IPNAT is.
ICSControl is a single .exe file, included in the zip file below. You can place it directly in /Windows/Start Menu/Programs/ on your device and it will appear as an icon in Programs. Or you can place it elsewhere and create a shortcut.
Comments, bug reports, and requests are welcome.
- Added host names from DHCP leases to DMZ and InternalHost dropdown lists.
- DHCP Lease editing is completed.
- Virtual Server (aka incoming port mapping) configuration is completed.
- Application definitions (aka outgoing port triggers) configuration is completed.
- Added really simple icons.
- Attempts to accomodate weird ipnat driver configurations.
- Other minor changes/fixes.
Continue on to the original thread for more information.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!