If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when it comes to the General Public License that makes the core of Android open to us. The terms of the GPLv2 state that since the Android kernel is based on the Linux kernel, which is licensed under GPL,v2 Android has to be open-source for everyone to study or modify, and those that modify the Android kernel have to make their sources immediately available for...
IMDb for WM is Back!
We hate to see good projects stop, or seeing that devs announce final versions when we know that there are always improvements to be done. Worry not! The popular WM app IMDb mobile is back with a new version, which was just released by XDA member Blade0rz.
Do you need to know who was the actor in that movie that you were discussing with your workmates over your lunch break? Are facts that you wish to know about movies hunting you day and night? Do you have the name of that character in the tip of your tongue but it just won’t roll off? These are some of the things that you can do with IMDb, and the mobile version does the same thing, but on your WM device. The new version comes loaded with fixes and updates, so if you liked the app before, make sure that you get it while it’s hot!
v0.7 – Changelog
- Interaction with HTTP is now rewritten. Hopefully will remove all ObjectDisposedExceptions.
- Added GZip Compression. Should be faster on slower connections.
- Added “Recent Searches”
- Added skinning support. Two themes installed by default
- Added finger-friendly “pressed” state for buttons.
- Added simple data caching
- Reduced memory footprint
- Fixed TV episodes. Lists episodes by season, episode air date & click-through for more details on each episode
- Fixed person filmography – now lists all roles as Director, Producer, Actor, Self, etc.
- Fixed quotes display issues. Some quotes still get cut off…still looking into this
- Fixed some localisation bugs
- Fixed settings dialog
- Changed all icons to better quality ones and got rid of the nasty pixelated fader at the top. Icons now use alpha transparency & fader is native GDI code.
- Animated loading screen
You can get more information in the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Xiaomi was founded on April 6th, 2010 and its fifth anniversary is just around the corner. In the past five years, the company has grown by leaps and bounds, rising to the positions of largest smartphone OEM in China and third-largest globally and coupled with its expansion plans and 100 million sales benchmark, this anniversary warranted a fervent celebration. After teasing products on its forums for a few days, Xiaomi held the anniversary event earlier today and staying true to the...
A few months ago, we came up with the idea of presenting the history of flagship devices released by some of the major Android OEMs. In this, we've had the pleasure of bringing you the stories of Sony (Ericsson) and Samsung. Now, it's time for our third and final installment. This is a very special episode, as the OEM I will talk about was heavily connected to Android and the beginnings of XDA as a whole. Yes, I'm talking about HTC, the...