Most of this article doesn't only apply to Telegram+ -- it just happens to be an example that got a lot of coverage elsewhere, with many authors or commentators putting the full blame on Google, Telegram, the Telegram+ developer or even WhatsApp Inc (eh?). In this article, we'll try to look at the different aspects to provide a clear view of what actually happened, and what can (and hopefully will) improve with regards to developers in general and the Play...
IMDb for WM is Back!
We hate to see good projects stop, or seeing that devs announce final versions when we know that there are always improvements to be done. Worry not! The popular WM app IMDb mobile is back with a new version, which was just released by XDA member Blade0rz.
Do you need to know who was the actor in that movie that you were discussing with your workmates over your lunch break? Are facts that you wish to know about movies hunting you day and night? Do you have the name of that character in the tip of your tongue but it just won’t roll off? These are some of the things that you can do with IMDb, and the mobile version does the same thing, but on your WM device. The new version comes loaded with fixes and updates, so if you liked the app before, make sure that you get it while it’s hot!
v0.7 – Changelog
- Interaction with HTTP is now rewritten. Hopefully will remove all ObjectDisposedExceptions.
- Added GZip Compression. Should be faster on slower connections.
- Added “Recent Searches”
- Added skinning support. Two themes installed by default
- Added finger-friendly “pressed” state for buttons.
- Added simple data caching
- Reduced memory footprint
- Fixed TV episodes. Lists episodes by season, episode air date & click-through for more details on each episode
- Fixed person filmography – now lists all roles as Director, Producer, Actor, Self, etc.
- Fixed quotes display issues. Some quotes still get cut off…still looking into this
- Fixed some localisation bugs
- Fixed settings dialog
- Changed all icons to better quality ones and got rid of the nasty pixelated fader at the top. Icons now use alpha transparency & fader is native GDI code.
- Animated loading screen
You can get more information in the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Ever since custom recoveries and roms became popular, nandroid backups have been the fall back method for all android enthusiasts, irrespective of their confidence levels. They allow easy backup and restore in case things go wrong, which happens invariably when a modification is being tested. With that being said, how relevant are Nandroid Backups to this day? Back in 2011, when the world of Android was being awed by the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S2, a little modification made its appearance...
While HTC's latest flagship brings many new features, the aesthetic design of the device remains largely untouched in comparison to its predecessor. Many Android enthusiasts throughout the community were expecting a large redesign of one of the most beautiful handsets ever released, but what we got is something more along the lines of an 'HTC One M8S". So this begs the question, is the M9 worth the upgrade if you already own the M8? Current HTC One M8 users chime in and let us know your thoughts.