Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...
Import your Calendar to Windows Mobile
Thanks to XDA Member 920904 for making it possible to import iCal files to your Windows Mobile phone. The app allows you to import the files details into the phone’s calendar. The app even supports importing from an online source. Check out its full list of features:
- Import appointments/tasks direct from iCal files (*.icl, *.ics). It is also possible to chose which appointments/tasks should be imported and which not.
- Enables support for more features than the original Windows Mobile calendar has. eg. Recurrence Dates or Exclusion Dates.
- Make a quick look at the appointments/tasks stored in the iCal files.
- Replace all appointments/tasks on the device with appointments/tasks stored in an iCal file.
- Filtering of Tasks/Appointments
- Update old and add new appointments/tasks from an iCal file.
- Delete all appointments/tasks stored on the device.
- Export all appointments stored on the device to an iCalendar file.
- Export all tasks stored on the device to an iCalendar file.
- Timezone support.
- Customize calendar informations
- Define custom categories for the imported appointments/tasks.
- Remove HTML/CSS tags from the description of the appointments.
- Enhanced possibilities to replace strings which are added to the appointments/tasks automatically from the PIM Application with custom ones.
- Load and Parse ICal files direct from the Internet (HTTP/HTTPS/WEBCAL/WEBCALS/CALDAV)
- .icl and .ics files are associated to the program.
- Auto syncing
- Commandline Options
- Finger-friendly landscape/portrait mode aware GUI
- CALDAV Support for two way synchronization
- Two way synchronization
- Usage statistics
It only has two requirements, one being that you are running Win Mo. 5 or higher and the other is that .Net 3.5 Framework must be installed. Go look at the discussion thread for more information on the app.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
SlimRoms' website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but it's good to know the team is working hard and is still on top of things. The SlimRoms GitHub repos are getting updated with some major changes showing up. Most notably, some projects are getting a new 5.1 branch: lp5.1! A new, revamped and open source website is also in the works, with a look inspired by material design. We also got a tip about an...
Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature in their flagships. There are already dozens of wireless chargers to choose from on the market today, but quality definitely varies. For those of you who charge your devices wirelessly, let us know which charger is your favorite and why.