Do you let app updates happen automatically or do you regularly check for them? We're guessing the community will be pretty split here but we're interested in hearing your thoughts. Let us know below!
Int’l Galaxy Note Camera Mod Brings New Features and Removes Annoying Ones
Unless you’re a professional photographer or a hobbyist, chances are you probably use your phone camera for most of your photography needs. While that may have been absurd 10 years ago, cameras on mobile devices have undergone a significant improvement in recent years. Now they’re good enough for the majority of simple snapshots. In response to increased camera quality, developers have released a few camera mods to make cameras on Android devices better. Now, the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 has a camera mod of its own.
The mod not only helps to improve the Galaxy Note camera experience by adding new features, but also helps by removing some features. Posted by XDA Forum Member jobnik, the mod features include:
1. “Unable to start camera while in a call” Alert Disabled
2. Camera “Low Battery” Alert Disabled
3. Camera Volume Up/Down as a shutter
4. Camera “Can’t use flash on low battery” Alert Disabled
5. Camera focus sound Disabled
6. Camcorder “Can’t use flash on low battery” Alert Disabled
7. Camcorder “Low Battery” Alert Disabled
8. Camcorder Better audio quality/video bitrate
9. Camera Power button as a shutter (The Power menu will popup as well, but it will take a picture, just wait until it vibrates.)
10. Camera Self-shot Volume buttons as a shutter
11. Camera “Action shot” shooting mode Volume buttons as a shutter
12. Camera “Panorama” shooting mode Volume buttons as a shutter
13. Camera icon taken from VK 5.1.2
There are some good things put it and a lot of annoying things—like all those alerts—taken out. This should yield a much better experience for Note users. Additionally, jobnik has posted the code changes that were made along with the mod so developers can see exactly what was done. If you do flash it and don’t like it, jobnik has also included a revert zip to change it back to the original camera.
For more details, check out the original thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The Google Play Store, weighing in with more than 1.4 million apps at last count, is a vast expanse of quality content and APK duds alike. To put this into context, it would take the average user more than 8 days of continuous scrolling to make it through the whole list at two per second, let alone the added months to click through and check out screenshots, or years to separate the wheat from the chaff via thorough review. Blogs...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on New vs. Old. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! Smartphone purchases make for some of the sweetest times of the year for many of us. After all, we are hobbyists of Android and a new...