There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock Clock app for AOSP does the job, it may lack some of the more advanced features from competitors. Let us know what your favorite alarm clock app is for Android and why.
Int’l Galaxy Note Camera Mod Brings New Features and Removes Annoying Ones
Unless you’re a professional photographer or a hobbyist, chances are you probably use your phone camera for most of your photography needs. While that may have been absurd 10 years ago, cameras on mobile devices have undergone a significant improvement in recent years. Now they’re good enough for the majority of simple snapshots. In response to increased camera quality, developers have released a few camera mods to make cameras on Android devices better. Now, the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 has a camera mod of its own.
The mod not only helps to improve the Galaxy Note camera experience by adding new features, but also helps by removing some features. Posted by XDA Forum Member jobnik, the mod features include:
1. “Unable to start camera while in a call” Alert Disabled
2. Camera “Low Battery” Alert Disabled
3. Camera Volume Up/Down as a shutter
4. Camera “Can’t use flash on low battery” Alert Disabled
5. Camera focus sound Disabled
6. Camcorder “Can’t use flash on low battery” Alert Disabled
7. Camcorder “Low Battery” Alert Disabled
8. Camcorder Better audio quality/video bitrate
9. Camera Power button as a shutter (The Power menu will popup as well, but it will take a picture, just wait until it vibrates.)
10. Camera Self-shot Volume buttons as a shutter
11. Camera “Action shot” shooting mode Volume buttons as a shutter
12. Camera “Panorama” shooting mode Volume buttons as a shutter
13. Camera icon taken from VK 5.1.2
There are some good things put it and a lot of annoying things—like all those alerts—taken out. This should yield a much better experience for Note users. Additionally, jobnik has posted the code changes that were made along with the mod so developers can see exactly what was done. If you do flash it and don’t like it, jobnik has also included a revert zip to change it back to the original camera.
For more details, check out the original thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Did you watch Apple's VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement and wonder "why can't my Wear watch do that?" In typical XDA fashion, one enterprising forum member has brought similar functionality to Android Wear with a twist; it works on phones and watches alike, with other platforms on the way! The app is called Pinsy, and its release debut is a strong proof of concept with plenty of room to grow. You may remember the developer behind this project, XDA...
Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...