Yesterday, we discussed the second part of our tech giants coming to the west series with Huawei. What people may not know, however, is that Huawei owns a company by the name of HiSilicon. Hisilicon's processor department may not be the most popular in the west but their technology is impressive, with year on year improvements being easily seen. In the coming years, manufacturers such as Qualcomm may have to face the fact that there are other companies just as able...
Int’l Galaxy Note Camera Mod Brings New Features and Removes Annoying Ones
Unless you’re a professional photographer or a hobbyist, chances are you probably use your phone camera for most of your photography needs. While that may have been absurd 10 years ago, cameras on mobile devices have undergone a significant improvement in recent years. Now they’re good enough for the majority of simple snapshots. In response to increased camera quality, developers have released a few camera mods to make cameras on Android devices better. Now, the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 has a camera mod of its own.
The mod not only helps to improve the Galaxy Note camera experience by adding new features, but also helps by removing some features. Posted by XDA Forum Member jobnik, the mod features include:
1. “Unable to start camera while in a call” Alert Disabled
2. Camera “Low Battery” Alert Disabled
3. Camera Volume Up/Down as a shutter
4. Camera “Can’t use flash on low battery” Alert Disabled
5. Camera focus sound Disabled
6. Camcorder “Can’t use flash on low battery” Alert Disabled
7. Camcorder “Low Battery” Alert Disabled
8. Camcorder Better audio quality/video bitrate
9. Camera Power button as a shutter (The Power menu will popup as well, but it will take a picture, just wait until it vibrates.)
10. Camera Self-shot Volume buttons as a shutter
11. Camera “Action shot” shooting mode Volume buttons as a shutter
12. Camera “Panorama” shooting mode Volume buttons as a shutter
13. Camera icon taken from VK 5.1.2
There are some good things put it and a lot of annoying things—like all those alerts—taken out. This should yield a much better experience for Note users. Additionally, jobnik has posted the code changes that were made along with the mod so developers can see exactly what was done. If you do flash it and don’t like it, jobnik has also included a revert zip to change it back to the original camera.
For more details, check out the original thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
There are many great Android handsets on the market today that are much cheaper than the flagships from the major players like Samsung and HTC. The OnePlus One and Nexus 5 are two great examples of high-end phones being offered at prices much cheaper than competitors. But there are phones in the mid-range that may offer even more bang for your buck. Let us know which smartphone deal you think has the best value.
TapDeck which has just entered beta, is a smart wallpaper app that allows you to change to a random wallpaper by simply double tapping your screen. After selecting images you like from a selection, your wallpapers will be chosen based on similar images from Flickr, Imgur, Reddit and Wikipedia. If you see one you like, simply swipe up and you will see information relevant to the image. After spending a day with this app it is clear that it is still...