The smartphone landscape is drastically changing its focus. What was once a North-America-centric monopoly of high-specification phones is now merely an afterimage of the past. The meat of the game is elsewhere now; emerging markets looking for good bang-for-buck are what OEMs are increasingly aiming towards, and in this new game the old players must adapt-or-die. Xiaomi has grown at one of the most notable rates in the industry, leading it to become the world's most valuable start-up; and its...
Int’l Galaxy S5 Rooted! AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Gets KitKat, Open Source Files Released for Xperia Z2 – XDA Developer TV
Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is rolling out! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement of Sony has made some Open Source archives available for the Sony Xperia Z2 and Z2 tablet and how Chainfire rooted the Samsung Galaxy S 5 ahead of it’s release! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for Gesture Control. He then showed you how to root the Samsung Galaxy Gear. Finally, he gave us an Android App Review of Shareboard. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- [Update: OTA Captured!] Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the AT&T Galaxy Note 3
- KitKat Arrives on Canadian LG G2 D803, Available as Full KDZ Update
- HTC One Mini on AT&T Now Receiving KitKat, Update Available for Rooted Devices
- Sony Xperia M Receives Android 4.3, Update Captured and Converted to FTF!
- Open Source Archives Available for the Sony Xperia Z2 and Z2 Tablet
- Galaxy S 5 Firmware Dump for Your Porting Pleasure
- Chainfire Roots the Samsung Galaxy S 5 SM-G900F Ahead of Release!
- Forums Added for the US Carrier Variants of the HTC One (2014)
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: Gesture Control – XDA Developer TV
- How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Gear and Install Pie Controls – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Shareboard Helps You Save Time – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
There are so many Power Banks out there. However, they are not all the same. Some sacrifice weight for capacity. Others do the opposite. Some come with two ports and some come with more, while others come with less. Some are just batteries with a case around it, but others have some unique features. In this episode of XDA TV, Producer TK reviews the RAVPower RP-WD02 Wireless Filehub & Portable Travel Router. This device is the successor to the RP-WD01...
Most of this article doesn't only apply to Telegram+ -- it just happens to be an example that got a lot of coverage elsewhere, with many authors or commentators putting the full blame on Google, Telegram, the Telegram+ developer or even WhatsApp Inc (eh?). In this article, we'll try to look at the different aspects to provide a clear view of what actually happened, and what can (and hopefully will) improve with regards to developers in general and the Play...