Did you watch Apple's VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement and wonder "why can't my Wear watch do that?" In typical XDA fashion, one enterprising forum member has brought similar functionality to Android Wear with a twist; it works on phones and watches alike, with other platforms on the way! The app is called Pinsy, and its release debut is a strong proof of concept with plenty of room to grow. You may remember the developer behind this project, XDA...
iPhoneToday Updated to v1.4.9
Since iPhoneToday was picked up by user tronikos, it has been receiving regular updates again. iPhoneToday is a homescreen replacement / application launcher that looks a lot like, yes you guessed it, the iPhone interface.
Originally posted by tronikos
- Fixed degraded quality of images of previous release (image resizing is done by the Windows Imaging API again).
- Added RoundRect option (for now only in the XML, no dialog yet) to display a black rounded rectangular behind the text (like Android).
- Using LPNG library (an extremely light-weight library – it just adds 6KB) if imaging API fails (mostly helpful for PNDs where imaging API is often missing). This allows now all devices to load and display transparent PNG icons.
- Huge memory savings compared to v1.3 when AlphaBlend is disabled (32bit icons are now converted to whatever the screen supports, usually 16bit).
- Fixed text labels being 1-2 pixels left of the center of the icons.
- Fixed background color of options dialog to be the windows default color for menu backgrounds.
- Added –keyboard command to show/hide the keyboard.
- Only for PNDs: added a help button (question mark) on the title bar of the options and icon settings dialogs (next to the OK button) that toggles the appearance of the keyboard.
- The 3-letter abbreviation of the day of the week is now by default displayed in the language of the user locale.
- Converted the included pressed icons from gray scale to true color since LPNG only supports loading true color PNG images.
- Resized the bubble icons.
- Added a warning that scrolling will be slow when AlphaBlend is enabled on devices that do not natively support it.
Continue on to the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...
SlimRoms' website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but it's good to know the team is working hard and is still on top of things. The SlimRoms GitHub repos are getting updated with some major changes showing up. Most notably, some projects are getting a new 5.1 branch: lp5.1! A new, revamped and open source website is also in the works, with a look inspired by material design. We also got a tip about an...