The Galaxy S6 Edge, Huawei Watch, Xperia Z4 Tablet, Moto E 2015 and Xperia M4 Aqua all have gotten new forums here at XDA. If you want the latest and greatest in hardware as of now, the Galaxy S6 Edge's top-tier processor, memory, and camera will most likely fulfill your everyday needs with blazing speed, and extra screen-space to boot. Huawei seems to have nailed the smartwatch with their new Huawei Watch, a classy-looking but also durable and powerful Android Wear...
iPhoneUI Performance Update Released
We are all aware that there are many iPhone UI clones out there for virtually any Windows Mobile device. Recently, xda member chabbe11 released one of his own, made completely from scratch. But this one in particular is for devices with WVGA resolution (480 x 800). In this latest release, he has made several major improvements both visual and functional. The most noticeable ones include a boost on speed and responsiveness and better looking graphics for some icons. This seems like a great opportunity for HD and HD2 owners to have the iPhone they may have wanted (or not ;))
- Finally found a way to delete the blank.png image (a simple transparent image) which I had to use in order to view the programs. The image is now deleted and nothing is viewed under the icons, this has resulted in speed improvments.
- Remade the unlockwidget. In previous releases I used a rather large image to the slide widget. I’ve now added a “Slide to unlock” text instead and deleted the image.
- Added function to the operator name in topbar. If the operator name is longer than 13 letters it will shorten the name. Also, if the phone is connected to the computer or a headset is connected to the phone, the result will be the same (it will shorten the name)
- Changed DateTimeWidget image and also changed the location of the time and date. Also resized the image
- Added vibrate image, when phone is set to vibrate mode, in topbar
- Readded a battery charging icon in topbar & a battery icon in topbar
- Added a activesync image in topbar which will show when the phone is synchronizing with pc.
- Changed Wallpaper in mainmenu
- Changed contacts icon
- Changed Ipod icon
- Changed and improved arrow image quality in lockscreen
- Improved notify icons quality in lockscreen and also repositioned them
- Made the calendar button show the whole day instead of only the two first words.
- Added a volume icon in invoke menu.
- BIG speed improvments in both unlockwidget and mainmenu.
- Cleaned up the code from unneccessary functions.
- Deleted dialog question and instead made the application exit directly (when exit application button is pressed)
- Made the sliding function less responsive due to sometime sliding when instead user intend to press a button
- Removed the battery icon in invoke menu due to beeing unneccessary
- Readded the toplock icon in topbar once again. This will only be shown when the app is in lock mode
- Fixed a bug with the battery in topbar. It now registers system changes.
- Fixed a bug with the Shellconfig.xml.
- Fixed a bug with the time located in topbar.
- Fixed a bug with the operator name in topbar
You can follow the development of this UI in the original thread
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Privacy and security are two increasingly important factors in today's globalized world, and with the surge of internet spying by government agencies and third parties, wiretaps are an everyday thing that don't just concern James Bond anymore. Encryption made its way to the semi-mainstream messaging world with the Telegram platform, but while millions flocked to it, it is still clear that convenience beats privacy for most of smartphone users. After all, with the huge user bases boasted by Whatsapp and the...
Matias Duarte, VP of Design at Google, is perhaps one of the most prolific software designers of recent times: Material Design, the highest exponent of Android beauty, is Matias' own brainchild. Without him and his creation, the biggest Android update of all time wouldn't have been what it was and our favorite platform would still carry a look that many deemed outdated even before Material Design was shown. With an internet following that spawned several internet memes and even a weird community,...