When the first reports of the M9 overheating came to light, many forum users began a collective joke-round calling the phone a popcorn machine, a grill, and other unoriginal remarks that we’ve seen with every device that presents sign of overheating, from gaming consoles to graphics cards. In this sense, the internet is not very inventive, and the cycle of rehashed jokes re-surfaces on different products every year or so. This time it was the M9’s turn and it was...
iPhoneUI Performance Update Released
We are all aware that there are many iPhone UI clones out there for virtually any Windows Mobile device. Recently, xda member chabbe11 released one of his own, made completely from scratch. But this one in particular is for devices with WVGA resolution (480 x 800). In this latest release, he has made several major improvements both visual and functional. The most noticeable ones include a boost on speed and responsiveness and better looking graphics for some icons. This seems like a great opportunity for HD and HD2 owners to have the iPhone they may have wanted (or not ;))
- Finally found a way to delete the blank.png image (a simple transparent image) which I had to use in order to view the programs. The image is now deleted and nothing is viewed under the icons, this has resulted in speed improvments.
- Remade the unlockwidget. In previous releases I used a rather large image to the slide widget. I’ve now added a “Slide to unlock” text instead and deleted the image.
- Added function to the operator name in topbar. If the operator name is longer than 13 letters it will shorten the name. Also, if the phone is connected to the computer or a headset is connected to the phone, the result will be the same (it will shorten the name)
- Changed DateTimeWidget image and also changed the location of the time and date. Also resized the image
- Added vibrate image, when phone is set to vibrate mode, in topbar
- Readded a battery charging icon in topbar & a battery icon in topbar
- Added a activesync image in topbar which will show when the phone is synchronizing with pc.
- Changed Wallpaper in mainmenu
- Changed contacts icon
- Changed Ipod icon
- Changed and improved arrow image quality in lockscreen
- Improved notify icons quality in lockscreen and also repositioned them
- Made the calendar button show the whole day instead of only the two first words.
- Added a volume icon in invoke menu.
- BIG speed improvments in both unlockwidget and mainmenu.
- Cleaned up the code from unneccessary functions.
- Deleted dialog question and instead made the application exit directly (when exit application button is pressed)
- Made the sliding function less responsive due to sometime sliding when instead user intend to press a button
- Removed the battery icon in invoke menu due to beeing unneccessary
- Readded the toplock icon in topbar once again. This will only be shown when the app is in lock mode
- Fixed a bug with the battery in topbar. It now registers system changes.
- Fixed a bug with the Shellconfig.xml.
- Fixed a bug with the time located in topbar.
- Fixed a bug with the operator name in topbar
You can follow the development of this UI in the original thread
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
It is all well and good stating figures, but what does $20 million of crowd funding mean for a company? The Pebble Time just recently ended their Kickstarter with over 4000% of their initial request which was just $500,000. This level of funding is unprecedented for Kickstarter and it passed $1 million in less than an hour bringing with it a level of fame unavailable to many other OEMs. Produced by the Pebble Technology Corporation (PTC), the Pebble Watch has...
The LG G4 Note has been leaked! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this weekend. Included in this weekend's news is the news of the delay in the release of Oxygen OS and be sure to check out the article talking about installing Android 4.4 Kitkat on a laptop. That's not all that's covered in today's video! Be sure to check out the other videos released earlier this week...