To me, applications like this one are really important for school students. I bought my first significant Android the same year I began my Physics degree at my university, and immediately I realised how tremendously helpful it was. From accurate graphing applications to TI emulators (don't judge me, the real thing costs crazy amounts here!), passing through giants like Wolfram and MATLAB Mobile, there were a lot of tools for one to excel with. In fact, I'd say that without Android I wouldn't have chosen...
Jelly Bean Toggles, Status Bar Mods, and More for Xperia Mini, Pro, Active, Ray
Many modifications are maintained for an extended period of time. However, sometimes mods are forgotten for a while and resurface with exciting changes. After all, new features on older apps can deliver an total facelift. Now, there is a modification for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini, Mini Pro, Active, and Ray that’s making a comeback.
XDA Senior Member serajr has updated a modification that first began back in July. Since then, it has been updated to bring some Jelly Bean-like goodness to Xperia devices in a friendly systemUI mod for those running Ice Cream Sandwich. The feature list includes:
- New JB style 23 toggles with tabbed slider controls (Created by Me from Scratch)
– New Me toggle (to edit it´s image or title, go to Contacts and edit Myself first contact)
– Fixed first Quick Panel row (3 top toggles – Me | Settings | Recent Apps)
– New JB style full screen notifications and quick panel expanded views
– New flip Notifications to Quick Panel transition animation
– New slide In/Out Quick Panel Toggles to Sliders transition animation
– All Toggles and Sliders in sync with android settings (observers added)
– Notifications is default view when opening Status Bar
– SystemUI Preferences screen now is opened by tapping device Menu button while on expanded notifications view
– 4 new customizable background images for Status Bar, Notifications, Notifications Header and Quick Panel
– Full working two state Status Bar open/close drag handle
– Preference to choose status bar opacity percentage or Use Custom Image
– Preference to enable/disable full screen notifications and quick panel expanded views
– Preference to choose Quick Panel Tabs screen position (top or bottom)
– Removed thin and gray notifications glow separators
– Fixed preference screen Quick Panel Tab force close issue
There is quite a lot of new stuff in this latest update, making it far more complete than prior versions. If you have one of the aforementioned Xperia devices and care for the look seen in the featured image, check out the original thread.[Thanks to Till-Kruspe for the tip.]
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
XDA Recognized Contributor Albe95 has shared with us what looks to be Galaxy S6 applications. The ones he's provided are the GearManager, the Optical Reader, GeoNews and Kids Mode. The applications are available for download through the links in the opening post, but keep in mind it is likely that they might not be compatible with your device. There's also new information about more applications and system interface features revealed in the same thread: The alleged S6 statusbar and panel are ported to the...
Only a few years ago, it was normal for a major app release to be available for iOS but come months later to Android. That seems to no longer be the case, as Android has advanced tremendously with Google putting a huge effort into its Play Store and ecosystem. However, while the majority of major app releases are now made available for both platforms at the same time, there are a few iOS exclusives that some of us wish were on our favorite mobile OS (Hyperlapse comes to mind). Let us know which apps for the iPhone you wish were on Android.