It's not often I look at a product or service and say "I really really hope this isn't real, and it's an elaborate fake". Alas, this day has come. It's time for a look at something which cropped up on my radar today, namely a service called FileThis. I won't do them the search-engine-ranking honor of providing a direct link to their site, but a quick search will find them, and their app on the Play Store and iTunes store....
Job Interview Prep: Phone Screen Part 1 – XDA Developer TV
XDA Developer TV Producer Jayce has been very busy creating videos to help you in your job search. He spoke to people who said resumes don’t work. He talked to a recruiter to reveal how resumes are chosen. So, now that you’ve got your potential employer’s attention, what next?
In today’s episode, Jayce interviews Brian Shin, a recruiter at ProCount Staffing, about phone interviews. Brian gives some tips about how to success in a phone interview. Jayce then expands on his tips to help you get your next job. Check out this video.
Check out Jayce’s other videos and his Careers in Android Series.
- Careers in Android: What Hiring Managers Won’t Tell You – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Recruiter Reveals How Resumes are Chosen – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Is Software Development Your Calling? – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: App Testing – Prove It, Then Sell It – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: The Curse of Knowledge – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Code Katas for Beginning Android Development – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Become a Mono for Android Ninja – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Xposed Framework for Android – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Getting Accepted to a Hacker School – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Rate My Hacker School – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: How to Become a Hacker – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Are You a Good Programmer or Great Programmer? – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: How to Design an Android App – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Resumes Don’t Work on the Internet – XDA Developer TV
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos.
Check out Jayce’s HowToBecomeTV YouTube Channel
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
More and more smartphone manufacturers have been moving towards on-screen buttons, with Google really pushing for it over the physical button alternative. However, there are still a few OEMs (we're looking at you, Samsung) that have preferred to keep things a bit more traditional. Tell us which way you prefer and why.
While there are frequent unexplained changes and pushes to Google's AOSP repositories, an interesting-looking new branch has been pushed out recently, called "master-soong". Taking a look at the changes made to the manifest repository (which is used to specify the repositories to be downloaded when building Android), it appears there are some new repositories making an appearance. Of note here are new prebuilt repositories for Go, and Ninja. Go is a programming language, created by Google, which compiles to produce...