As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we're starting to see a plethora of beautiful new apps on the Play Store. But which ones are the best? Let us know what you think the best looking apps on Android are and why.
Kernel Source for Google Edition HTC One, Guide to Android Client-Server Communication – XDA Developer TV
The Google Edition HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S 4 had their kernel sources released! That and more are covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news are two articles about XDA Elite Recognized Developer jcase and Ubuntu Developer Evangelist Michael Hall talking at XDA:DevCon 2013 and the guide giving an introduction to Android client-server communication.
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer Kevin released a video talking about floating notifications and HALO, Kevin then released a video all about automatically backing up your device with OBackup, and TK interviews the developers of NinjaSMS and reviews the app. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Kernel Source Released for the Google Play Editions of the HTC One and (Possibly) the Samsung Galaxy S 4
- Intro Guide to Android Client-Server Communication
- Elite Recognized Developer Jcase to Talk Android Security at XDA:DevCon 2013
- Developer Evangelist Michael Hall to Teach Ubuntu Touch Development at XDA:DevCon 2013
- Floating Notifications and Multitasking with Open Sourced HALO – XDA Developer TV
- Automatically Backup Your Android with OBackup – XDA Developer TV
- Interview with Wael Nafee and Mostafa Gazar, Developers of NinjaSMS – XDA Rountables
- Android App Review: Floating Messages with NinjaSMS – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the differences between Cyanogen, Inc and CyanogenMod developers, as well as Cyanogen OS and the CyanogenMod ROM that so many XDA users love. The entities surrounding each of these are sometimes different and sometimes intertwined. We’ve gotten messages and comments requesting for a clearer distinction between these for future reference, which is why we are writing this feature. Let’s start...
Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of the new Google Cell Service and what we know about it and be sure to check out the article talking about the release of the Sony Xperia Z4. That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on...