To me, applications like this one are really important for school students. I bought my first significant Android the same year I began my Physics degree at my university, and immediately I realised how tremendously helpful it was. From accurate graphing applications to TI emulators (don't judge me, the real thing costs crazy amounts here!), passing through giants like Wolfram and MATLAB Mobile, there were a lot of tools for one to excel with. In fact, I'd say that without Android I wouldn't have chosen...
KitKat Arrives for VZW HTC One, Galaxy S2 Gets Official CM 11 Nightlies, Chromecast SDK Available! – XDA Developer TV
Android 4.4 KitKat for the Verizon HTC One has been released! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that the Samsung Galaxy S2 is getting official CyanogenMod 11 nightlies and the Chromecast SDK is now available for your Hacking pleasure! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for MinMinGuard, AdamOutler showed us how to create a internet controlled powerstrip, and TK gave us an Android App Review of Android Hub. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Verizon HTC One Android 4.4 + Sense 5.5 OTA Imminent
- HTC Droid DNA Gets Android 4.4.2 and Sense 5.5
- Phoenix Rises from the Ashes: Samsung Galaxy S II Receives Official CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies
- Android 4.3 Update for Sony Xperia TX and SP Preparing for Imminent Release (At Least on Vodafone AU)
- Give Your Samsung Galaxy Gear Some Love with Triangulum, its First Custom Kernel
- Google Chromecast SDK Now Available to Developers, More Supported Apps to Come!
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: Control Ads with MinMinGuard – XDA Developer TV
- How to Make an Internet Controlled PowerStrip for the Internet of Things – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Get Your Morning Cup of Coffee with Android Hub – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
XDA Recognized Contributor Albe95 has shared with us what looks to be Galaxy S6 applications. The ones he's provided are the GearManager, the Optical Reader, GeoNews and Kids Mode. The applications are available for download through the links in the opening post, but keep in mind it is likely that they might not be compatible with your device. There's also new information about more applications and system interface features revealed in the same thread: The alleged S6 statusbar and panel are ported to the...
Only a few years ago, it was normal for a major app release to be available for iOS but come months later to Android. That seems to no longer be the case, as Android has advanced tremendously with Google putting a huge effort into its Play Store and ecosystem. However, while the majority of major app releases are now made available for both platforms at the same time, there are a few iOS exclusives that some of us wish were on our favorite mobile OS (Hyperlapse comes to mind). Let us know which apps for the iPhone you wish were on Android.