With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see lots of bashing on Apple's iPhone here. There are different reasons for the hate, but we'd like to hear your number one reason for not going with the iPhone. Let us know your thoughts below!
LateReader: WM Read It Later Updated
Read It Later has over 2 million users and till now we don´t have it for Windows Mobile devices. So, XDA member vizier developed this application which allows you to read, search or sort your lists. You can also use the Read It Later web browser plugins for adding items to your list. Save your pages to your device, read at work, home, on the move even without an internet connection.
This application has been tested on Leo and Blackstone but should work on any other WVGA devices running Windows Mobile 6 and up. Lastly, NET CF 3.5+ is needed to run it.
Originally posted by vizier
Late Reader is a Windows Mobile application for reading your Read It Later lists. Actually this application does (or aims) more than just reading your list. You can search, sort your list, download pages for offline reading. Share your list items with others. And more.
Please note that this is a .NET application and requires .NET CF 3.5+ to be installed on your device.
Version 0.2.0 is ready for download. Below you can find the change log.
Late Reader v0.2.0
- [FIXED] SIP auto activate/deactivate when focus enters/exits text boxes
- [FIXED] Storage Card is not always detected correctly, especially when you have mapped network folders
- Item Title/Tags editing
- Application Settings UI
- Show progress info during syncing
- Day and night color shemes for Currently Reading view
- Reading bg color/fgcolor selection
- Kinetic scrolling in reading list
- Full screen option in Currently Reading view
- Statusbar for displaying number of items ec. in the list
- Touch based page up/page down style navigation as an option (suggested by sirhc7)
- D-Pad support in Currently Reading view
- Summary info about Reading List on the main screen
- Download all page texts as an option
- Much faster filter/sort
You can find out more information about this in the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when it comes to the General Public License that makes the core of Android open to us. The terms of the GPLv2 state that since the Android kernel is based on the Linux kernel, which is licensed under GPL,v2 Android has to be open-source for everyone to study or modify, and those that modify the Android kernel have to make their sources immediately available for...
Xiaomi was founded on April 6th, 2010 and its fifth anniversary is just around the corner. In the past five years, the company has grown by leaps and bounds, rising to the positions of largest smartphone OEM in China and third-largest globally and coupled with its expansion plans and 100 million sales benchmark, this anniversary warranted a fervent celebration. After teasing products on its forums for a few days, Xiaomi held the anniversary event earlier today and staying true to the...