Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a million apps on the Google Play Store and new apps being submitted to our forums every day, staying up to date on the latest apps and games can be a hassle. At XDA, we don’t discriminate apps - if it’s interesting, innovative, original or useful, we mention them. The XDA Portal Team loves apps too, and we usually share and discuss the latest app releases...
LateReader: WM Read It Later Updated
Read It Later has over 2 million users and till now we don´t have it for Windows Mobile devices. So, XDA member vizier developed this application which allows you to read, search or sort your lists. You can also use the Read It Later web browser plugins for adding items to your list. Save your pages to your device, read at work, home, on the move even without an internet connection.
This application has been tested on Leo and Blackstone but should work on any other WVGA devices running Windows Mobile 6 and up. Lastly, NET CF 3.5+ is needed to run it.
Originally posted by vizier
Late Reader is a Windows Mobile application for reading your Read It Later lists. Actually this application does (or aims) more than just reading your list. You can search, sort your list, download pages for offline reading. Share your list items with others. And more.
Please note that this is a .NET application and requires .NET CF 3.5+ to be installed on your device.
Version 0.2.0 is ready for download. Below you can find the change log.
Late Reader v0.2.0
- [FIXED] SIP auto activate/deactivate when focus enters/exits text boxes
- [FIXED] Storage Card is not always detected correctly, especially when you have mapped network folders
- Item Title/Tags editing
- Application Settings UI
- Show progress info during syncing
- Day and night color shemes for Currently Reading view
- Reading bg color/fgcolor selection
- Kinetic scrolling in reading list
- Full screen option in Currently Reading view
- Statusbar for displaying number of items ec. in the list
- Touch based page up/page down style navigation as an option (suggested by sirhc7)
- D-Pad support in Currently Reading view
- Summary info about Reading List on the main screen
- Download all page texts as an option
- Much faster filter/sort
You can find out more information about this in the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but showing your notifications instead. If you're a fan of that, you might want an easier way to check your notifications as they come in, without losing your current lockscreen. Glimpse Notifications by XDA Senior Member xrad offers just that. You'd normally have to turn your screen on manually to see your notifications. Instead, Glimpse Notifications will do it for you when a notification comes in. That doesn't mean...
As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we're starting to see a plethora of beautiful new apps on the Play Store. But which ones are the best? Let us know what you think the best looking apps on Android are and why.