MIUI Skin Contest
This is something rather interesting that was brought to our attention by XDA member ChadHughes. As it turns out, MIUI is creating a big revolution in the world of the little green robot. So much, that there seems to be a contest involving this rom. Apparently, an internet investor has decided to put up a contest for MIUI themes world wide, involving some rather cool prices (a couple of names dropped for first and second place are iPad2 and Nexus S). All that needs to be done is to have a theme for this rom, which will be judged and compared against probably thousands of other themes. Without further ado, here is an excerpt from the organizer’s website:
The First Global MIUI Theme Design Competition is on-going now! You have a chance to get your theme used by hundreds of thousands of worldwide MIUI fans speaking 23 different languages. Please submit your mini-theme including 20 commonly-used icons, a lockscreen interface and a piece of desktop wallpaper right now! It’s time to show your unique understanding of the mobile Internet!The well-known Internet investor Mr. Lei Jun is one of the judges of the competition. Great works will be displayed at www. zcool.com.cn and www. miui.com!
The award-winning works will be embedded in MIUI system, available for global users to download. And the authors shall have the right to claim authorship.
20 commonly-used icons of MIUI system+ lockscreen interface + desktop wallpaper
Submission time: April 19, 2011 – May 27, 2011
Judging time: May 28, 2011 – May 30, 2011
Results announcement: May 31, 2011
ChadHughes made a nice job in putting together a list of all the requirements for entry into the contest:
The contest requirements, Via the contest site, are as follows:
- 1. Works submitted must be the original works of the author, having not been used commercially or in other similar contests or activities.
2. The competing works shall be designed based on the dedicated templates. Download dedicated templates for Global MIUI Theme Design Competition.
3. The contents of the competition include 20 specified icons, a lockscreen interface and a piece of desktop wallpaper.
4. The design style is open without limit. However, a sense of integrity is required. Please check the template document to see specific sizes.
5. The software used for design is also open without limit. The author needs to retain the source files for each icon, the background image that can be used in MIUI system and the lockscreen area. After the competition, winners need to provide the host with the source files and copyright license.
6. If the competing works is designed by more than one designer, it would be required to get the permission of all designers and indicate the names of all designers.
7. The works contents must be in conformity with provisions of law and regulations.
8. The same user name can upload different competing works. The results will be selected by user name.
So, if you are one of the various talented themers who reside on XDA, give it a go and best of luck!
You can find more information in the MIUI Global Theme Competition website.
Want something published in the Portal? Contact any News Writer.
Thanks ChadHughes for the tip!
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!