From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you can secure your Android phone's lockscreen. Some methods are clearly more secure than others, but it comes down to user preference at the end of the day. So, which lockscreen security type do you prefer and why?
[MOD] TrackballWake and TrackballSkip for Nexus One
The Nexus One’s trackball is becoming the most valuable and customizable feature of the device, and our members are getting the fullest out of it. This new modification was created by metalhead8816 in our Nexus One forum, and it is not the first trackball tweak to spring out of there.
This one does more than the others. This one is made for those people that listen to music on there devices. It allows them to either use one of the mods to use the trackball to wake up the device or to change your music.
I think this is just about the coolest mod of them all, and the feature list shows you why.
1st Mod: (TrackballWake)
– Allows the user to wake the screen using the trackball (No extra apps its built-in to OS)
– Option is under the System Settings -> Sound & Display -> Trackball Settings -> Trackball wakes screen
– Option is off by default
2nd Mod: (TrackballSkip)
– Allows the user to skip to the next song if music is playing and the screen is off.
– This is done by double-tapping the trackball while the screen is off.
– A double-tap is two consecutive presses within about half a second.
– Option is under Music App -> Settings -> Use trackball to skip
– Option is off by default
Two different versions now:
1) trackball-SuccessW-WSv01.zip – This includes the Successive Notifications v0.4
2) trackball-NoSuccessW-WSv01.zip – This does not include Successive Notification v0.4
You can mod your device with the file from the application thread
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of 2,500 news items and forum threads every 24 hours. Only the most timely and interesting bits survive the editing process, but the portal's front page still sees weekly counts in excess of 100 posts. This is a glut of content to absorb, especially if following the news cycle isn't your full-time job. However, the tech world is vast, and the information must flow. With this in mind, please...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! PLEASE NOTE THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND PRACTICALITY AND NOT ANY IMPLICATIONS. LET’S AIM FOR FRIENDLY DISCUSSION Tweaking Android is what a...