With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see lots of bashing on Apple's iPhone here. There are different reasons for the hate, but we'd like to hear your number one reason for not going with the iPhone. Let us know your thoughts below!
Modified TouchWiz 4 Launcher For ALL Android Devices
For all you TouchWiz Launcher fans, XDA member’s Fr4gg0r & Swiftwork have developed a modified version that works with “Every device with armv7 processor and froyo or higher.” Some of the great features included in this modified version of TW include:
- App Drawer
- Number of apps per page
- Number of app columns
- Sort order (normal/alphabetical, alphabetical will be forced after reboot/changing from normal to alphabetical)
- Enable/disable app backdrops
- Enable/disable 3D effect for backdrops
- Badge Counter
- enable/disable unread g-mail counter (specify accounts to show counter for)
- enable/disable unread sms counter or Samsung Counter
- You can combine themes (e.g. a full theme and then apply just a dock theme)
- EXTRA Stuff:
- Resizing for all widgets enabled (long press widget and then drop it without moving)
- Scrolling widgets are supported (currently not recommended to use though, lags when scrolling)
To find out about the other great features included in this mod, visit the original thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when it comes to the General Public License that makes the core of Android open to us. The terms of the GPLv2 state that since the Android kernel is based on the Linux kernel, which is licensed under GPL,v2 Android has to be open-source for everyone to study or modify, and those that modify the Android kernel have to make their sources immediately available for...
Xiaomi was founded on April 6th, 2010 and its fifth anniversary is just around the corner. In the past five years, the company has grown by leaps and bounds, rising to the positions of largest smartphone OEM in China and third-largest globally and coupled with its expansion plans and 100 million sales benchmark, this anniversary warranted a fervent celebration. After teasing products on its forums for a few days, Xiaomi held the anniversary event earlier today and staying true to the...