From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you can secure your Android phone's lockscreen. Some methods are clearly more secure than others, but it comes down to user preference at the end of the day. So, which lockscreen security type do you prefer and why?
Modified TouchWiz 4 Launcher For ALL Android Devices
For all you TouchWiz Launcher fans, XDA member’s Fr4gg0r & Swiftwork have developed a modified version that works with “Every device with armv7 processor and froyo or higher.” Some of the great features included in this modified version of TW include:
- App Drawer
- Number of apps per page
- Number of app columns
- Sort order (normal/alphabetical, alphabetical will be forced after reboot/changing from normal to alphabetical)
- Enable/disable app backdrops
- Enable/disable 3D effect for backdrops
- Badge Counter
- enable/disable unread g-mail counter (specify accounts to show counter for)
- enable/disable unread sms counter or Samsung Counter
- You can combine themes (e.g. a full theme and then apply just a dock theme)
- EXTRA Stuff:
- Resizing for all widgets enabled (long press widget and then drop it without moving)
- Scrolling widgets are supported (currently not recommended to use though, lags when scrolling)
To find out about the other great features included in this mod, visit the original thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of 2,500 news items and forum threads every 24 hours. Only the most timely and interesting bits survive the editing process, but the portal's front page still sees weekly counts in excess of 100 posts. This is a glut of content to absorb, especially if following the news cycle isn't your full-time job. However, the tech world is vast, and the information must flow. With this in mind, please...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! PLEASE NOTE THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND PRACTICALITY AND NOT ANY IMPLICATIONS. LET’S AIM FOR FRIENDLY DISCUSSION Tweaking Android is what a...