We've received mixed reports about switching to ART but it seems that the majority of users who make the jump see some type of improvement. But just how noticeable is this improvement in app performance? Let us know if switching to ART has brought noticeable changes to your device's performance.
Moto G Updated to Android 4.4.2, Windows Phone 8.1 Has “Cortana” Assistant, Google Glass Gets Wink Pics – XDA Developer TV
Android 4.4.2 KitKat is now available for the Moto G and the source code has been released for the Moto X running KitKat. That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that Windows Phone 8.1 will have “Cortana” Voice Assistant and the latest Google Glass update brings wink pics and more. That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for App Ops, Jordan reviewed the Oppo N1, and TK gave us an Android App Review of Redirect. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition Updated to Android 4.4.2 KOT49H, OTA Captured!
- [OTA Captured] Android 4.4.2 Rolling Out for the Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition, Fixes Uninstall and Security Bugs!
- Korean LG G2 Receiving KitKat before New Year, France in Late January, Canada by Late Q1 2014
- Official KitKat Rolling Out to Verizon Droid Ultra, Maxx, and Mini
- Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the Moto G!
- Good Guy Moto at it Again, Releases KitKat Code for Moto X
- Android 4.3 Rolling Out to Sony Xperia Z1 and Z Ultra
- Android 4.3 Rollout Imminent for the Xperia Z, ZL, ZR, and Tablet Z
- [OTA Captured] Verizon HTC One Now Receiving Android 4.3
- Android 4.3 Rollout Begins for AT&T Galaxy Note II
- Verizon Galaxy S III Now Receiving Android 4.3 OTA, Complete with KNOX and Added Bloat
- Google Glass XE12 Update Brings Wink Pics, Lock Screen, Hangouts and YouTube Glassware, and More!
- Windows Phone 8.1 to Receive Major Facelift Including Notification Center, “Cortana” Voice Assistant, Virtual Buttons
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: App Ops – XDA Developer TV
- Device Review: Oppo N1
- Android App Review: Redirect Your Files! – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge are already proving to be amongst the head turners of 2015. From favoring their inhouse Exynos 7 SoC over the Snapdragon 810 SoC (which ended up causing issues to its main rival); to ditching the removable battery and micro sd card slot in favor of a more "premium" device, the flagship duo have a lot going on for them at this stage. Regarding the premium redesign which replaced plastic with metal and glass,...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Cyanogen Inc. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! CyanogenMod is widely recognized across XDA for its solid performance, great feature set and far-reaching (and also long-lasting) support for all sorts of devices, from...