After months of anticipation, both the Samsung Galaxy S6 and HTC One M9 have finally been unveiled. Now that we have all seen both of the devices in all their glory, many of us have some decisions to make. Which of the two beasts do you prefer: the Galaxy S6 or the One M9? Let us know which device you plan on buying and why!
Movie Times With Flix
You’re sitting around, it’s Friday night, you and your buddies are trying to figure out what time that new movie is showing at the theater down the street. Sometimes is just a pain to get on the Internet and look, but with the app Flix by jmbillings you can pull out your phone and have the movie times right at your finger tips!
If you’re a regular reader of our front page you might already know about Flix, we featured it before, but since then some updates have taken place, so if didn’t meet your criteria before it might do now.
- Better Italian translations (thanks Bbonzz!)
- New datasource for Italy (may be some odd results here, please let me know if it’s ok!)
- Fixed the “update” command line parameter for auto-updating.
- Fixed bugs in new France-Allocine download
- Added “Reset” to Config page. Deletes all data files so Flix is like a fresh-install again.
- Added initial support for Australia
- Fixed a couple of bugs in US/Canada downloads
- Movie Synopsis now finger-scrolls instead of scrollbar
- Added movie age rating for UK, US, Aus… (others in next release…)
- Fixed some display problems in SMS Sending on WVGA
- Hopefully sorted German character encoding problem!
- Download can be cancelled (experimental… )
- New Splash screen and Logo
Check out the application thread for more information.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Samsung's Unpacked Event has now come and gone through Mobile World Congress 2015, and we've got a good look at what could be the most advanced phone of the year thus far. The event started shortly after its scheduled time at 12:30PM today and the only devices shown were the Galaxy S6 and its Edge variant, both of which pack an impressive amount of features, spectacular internals and an all-new beautiful design. The show began with a quiet voice whispering to...
Each year, smartphone makers attempt to one-up each other in features and specs, but time and again these improvements feel incremental rather than revolutionary. Samsung hopes to break this trend with a new hardware and software design philosophy, and press details of the new-and-improved cameras shared by the S6 and S6 Edge show that they are off to a great start. Once you get past the curved displays and wraparound Gorilla Glass 4, the most striking feature on these slabs is the...