OnePlus has been teasing a new product for a while now, hailing it as a game-changer which isn't a tablet or a smartwatch. While speculations were rife about what this game-changing device could be, the company did confirm that the product was indeed a drone in their recent AMA. A tweet and vine from OnePlus shed some more light on this product, which was confirmed to be named as DR-1 (dr-one, get it?) and was to reach stores "next month". In a...
Movie Times With Flix
You’re sitting around, it’s Friday night, you and your buddies are trying to figure out what time that new movie is showing at the theater down the street. Sometimes is just a pain to get on the Internet and look, but with the app Flix by jmbillings you can pull out your phone and have the movie times right at your finger tips!
If you’re a regular reader of our front page you might already know about Flix, we featured it before, but since then some updates have taken place, so if didn’t meet your criteria before it might do now.
- Better Italian translations (thanks Bbonzz!)
- New datasource for Italy (may be some odd results here, please let me know if it’s ok!)
- Fixed the “update” command line parameter for auto-updating.
- Fixed bugs in new France-Allocine download
- Added “Reset” to Config page. Deletes all data files so Flix is like a fresh-install again.
- Added initial support for Australia
- Fixed a couple of bugs in US/Canada downloads
- Movie Synopsis now finger-scrolls instead of scrollbar
- Added movie age rating for UK, US, Aus… (others in next release…)
- Fixed some display problems in SMS Sending on WVGA
- Hopefully sorted German character encoding problem!
- Download can be cancelled (experimental… )
- New Splash screen and Logo
Check out the application thread for more information.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see lots of bashing on Apple's iPhone here. There are different reasons for the hate, but we'd like to hear your number one reason for not going with the iPhone. Let us know your thoughts below!
If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when it comes to the General Public License that makes the core of Android open to us. The terms of the GPLv2 state that since the Android kernel is based on the Linux kernel, which is licensed under GPL,v2 Android has to be open-source for everyone to study or modify, and those that modify the Android kernel have to make their sources immediately available for...